PROLOGUE

As you all probably noted that this is the sequel of #hwnf so I'll try my best to improve in this book. Btw, the song above is totally highly recommended, it gave me the inspirations to write and this chapter is in 3rd person pov. Enjoy~

2 years 7 months ago.....

"You said he's awake but I didn't see any response!" Josh almost punch the doctor in the face for giving him another false hope. His cousin have been lying unconsciously on the bed for months after that unfortunate night and they're waiting for any good news about him but yet nothing happen.

"Yes sir but-"

"Ian, you're awake." The doctor's words were suddennly interupted by David who was looking at Ian all along. He noticed that his fingers were slightly move and his eyebrows were slightly furrow.

Josh immediately went to his cousin, "Ian, oh thank goodness." The doctors and nurses instantly standing around his bed to check on his condition, Ian could only heard muffled voices before he fell into a deep sleep again.

Few hours later.......

He smells something fragrant it's soothing his nose, he could feel something smooth against his skin that were comfortable for his worn out body. Finally, he decided to slowly open his eyes but unfortunately, he have to adjust his sight to the blinding lights first. Eventhough he could see blurry images ahead, he felt numb all over and he's having trouble to move his limbs. As his eyes were already adjusted itself but still blinking a bit, he began to noticed the surrounding. He realized he's in unidentified place but he could figure out that it's a hospital.

"Oh my- doctor! he's awake!" The nurse that just came in to check him was shocked to see their patient has been awake, she then stormed out from the room leaving him to call the doctors. Even in his half conscious state, he could hear the faint voice which belong to the nurse that sounded shocked. Not long after that, a group of doctors hastily came in along with Josh and David. By now, he could see them clearly. When Josh approached him and held his hand, he couldn't feel anything at all not even Josh's slightest touch. David saw his clueless face and slowly went near him, he then flashed a grateful smile just like Josh, they were happy to see him gained consciousness. Ian however, looked at them with his eyebrows knit together as the memories instantly flooding back inside his brain.

He opened his mouth to say something, but his voice didn't come out. "Give him water." David said to help him to quench his thirst. After greedily gulped down the drink they offered, Ian then tried his best to force his voice out so that they could hear him this time. They all looked at him in anticipation.

"Lea- Leah.."

It came out faintly but the change in their face tells it all. Ian noticed their face immediately dropped when he mentioned Leah's name. Josh who couldn't face his cousin anymore averts his eyes away from his demanding look while David has this unreadable expression plastered on his face. Ian's breath suddenly become rough and quick, his heart that were racing uncontrollably was the only thing he could hear as warm tears filled his eyes. He finally remembered fully the last thing that he saw before he passed out and by the look of the both of them, he could figure it out, he knew that he lost her. He gritted his teeth in agony as his eyes were tightly shut. The pain of losing her just like that kills him, it makes him screaming wildly and wailing so hard on his bed. The nurses quickly moved to him to restrain him from moving so much. Ian was cursing himself for make it out alive without her. He was becoming too violent to the point the bunch of wires connected to him were forcefully cut off causing several parts of his body to bleed. The fast beeping sound coming from the heart monitor indicates the increase in his heart rate. Showing that Ian was not in a good condition at the moment. Josh and David backed away in shocked from him and stood from afar. They couldn't bear to look at Ian who's drenched in his own pool of grieving tears. The doctors were currently struggling to inject him with tranquilizer to force him to sleep, again.