color (soulmate au)

in a world where soulmates exist, you do not see color until you look into your soulmate's eyes.

Your POV
I really want to meet my soulmate. I know I shouldn't be caring about it as much, but I want to meet the one. Most of my friends have met their soulmates already and are happily dating them until they're old enough to get married, but of course, I'm not that lucky.

I've never seen color in my life. All my friends tell me it's the most beautiful thing ever, but I wouldn't really know what I'm missing out on.

My friends love speculating about who my soulmate is. They all joke and say that maybe it's an Avenger.

"OH MY GOD. Y/N, what if your soulmate's Captain America! Just imagine looking into his baby blues! I'd DIE!!" Your friend Julia gushes.

"You know I have absolutely no idea what blue looks like, right?" You roll your eyes and shake your head.

"Wait a minute, what if it's Spider-man?" Avery points out.

"Y/N would never know, he always wears a mask!" Julia corrects Avery, stuffing a chip in her mouth.

"I don't know, guys. I've kinda given up on the whole soulmate thing. Maybe I'll just find someone I really like, and settle down with them, soulmate or not."

Your friends laugh. "Yeah, like who? Peter Parker?"  They all snort.

"Who now? I've never even heard of this guy." You ask.

"Y/N, you need to pay attention more. He's in the same AP Physics class as you. Apparently he's some huge genius or something, but a huge trouble maker." Avery remarks.

"I don't know, I barely pay attention in that class, I can never focus for too long. My notebook is just filled with stupid doodles." You sigh.

"You also never look up from your phone." Julia points out.

"Listen, why bother with people I know I won't even know in the next few years? High school isn't forever." Your friends laugh as you take a sip from your soda...

In AP Physics, your teacher announces that you have to do a big project that counts for half your quarter grade. You roll your eyes and give Avery a look, signaling that you two would work together.

But, your teacher tells clears his throat.
"I will be picking the partners this time, to ensure that no one fools around instead of getting work done." He says, looking rather pointedly at you and Avery.

Your teacher announces the groups, and to your dismay, the teacher pairs you with Peter Parker.

You really don't want to do a project with someone you didn't even know existed until forty-five minutes ago.

You sigh and pull out your phone as Peter walks up to you.

"Hey..." Peter says sheepishly.

You're so not in the mood.
"Hey." You reply, uninterested, while scrolling through your instagram.

"So uh... now that we're partners..."

You cut him off.
"Listen. I just want to get this stupid project over with. I'll do my half and you do yours. That's it." You say, checking your makeup in your selfie camera.

You do admit you were acting more petty than you usually do, but you were tired and just didn't want to have to do yet another project.

That's how the both of you worked for the next week, only communicating through annotations on the side of your paper.

It wasn't ideal, but you didn't have the energy or effort to communicate with anyone besides your friends.

(Okay, you were also grumpy because maybe you were on your period.)

Then came the day to present your project in front of the class. Peter came up to you before you were to present as you were sending out your Snapchat streaks for the afternoon.

"Are you ever going to talk to me? Are you really just that rude?"

You rolled your eyes, putting your phone down.

"Listen, Peter. I-"

You look into his eyes. The first thing you notice is how stunningly cute his eyes are, you could get lost in them forever.

And then suddenly, blooming from his eyes, a world full of color erupts before your very eyes.

You both look around in awe for a good minute, and then look back at each other.

"Oh- Oh my gosh. You're... You're you...

You're my soulmate."

"No way. Definitely not. Am I high?" You say, but you have to admit deep down, you are FREAKING OUT.

Peter stares at you in awe.

"But wow,  you are ten times cuter in color." You admit, blushing.

Peter grins at you, taking your hand as you both walk up to present.

okay so like this wasn't great but i've been like super busy lately so there will be better content coming soon. i just LOVE soulmate au's and will probably do some more soon. thank you so much for 700+ reads and don't forget to leave any requests you have!

-emily💗