seventeen

Chloe

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and a garbage truck picking up the garbage around the neighbourhood. I rolled over on my side and noticed the window was opened which would be the reason why I woke up when I did.

I got out of bed slowly, not wanting to upset my stomac and made my way upstairs.

"Hey, Chloe." I turned my head and noticed Lilly sitting on the couch and from the corner of my eye I spotted Alexandra walking out of the kitchen.

"Hi, Lilly."

"Are you feeling better?" Alexandra asked.

"Better than I did last night."

"Also why were you screaming in the middle of the night last night?" Lilly asked, concern written on her face.

My mind wandered back to the nightmare I had last night. The silly meaningless one that scared me shitless. "Just a silly little nightmare."

"Someone steal your donut?" She joked.

"Something like that." I gave her a small smile, and walked into the kitchen. Someone followed behind me and cleared their throat.

"Can we look past this, please?" Alexandra's voice echoed through the kitchen, referring to our little argument we had yesterday.

"Yeah," I gave her a small smile. After pouring myself a glass of orange juice, Alex and I made our way back into the living room to watch some telly.

"Who was the idiot screaming last night and woke me up from my beauty rest!?" Stephanie screamed as we walked back into the living room.

I cleared my throat. "That idiot would be me."

Stephanie got up, flipped her hair and picked up her feet to walk past me. As she walked past, I bumped my shoulder against hers. "Oh sorry, didn't see you there." I said with fake sympathy. She scoffed and ran up the stairs.

"You guys are lucky you don't have to share the upstairs with her." Lilly mumbled. "And there's only one bathroom up there!"

I laugh and sipped my orange juice. Taking one look at the telly, I instantly rolled my eyes.

"Could we please change the channel? Don't really wanna watch Keeping up with the Kardashians."

Since Alex was the one with the remote, she changed the channel and The Vampire Diaries popped up on the telly.

"Yes! Finally something good." I exclaimed as I fist pumped

"Paul Wesley is one fine mother fuc-"

"Don't even finish that, bitch. Paul wesley is mine." I scoffed, jokingly.

"Oh, please! You wanna go?" Alexandra said, slapping her hands against her chest in an attempt to make herself look intimidating.

"Damn right I do! Lilly hold my earrings." Even if I wasn't wearing any, I pretended to take them off and hand them to Lilly.

Alex approached me and we started wrestling. As we kept playfully pinning each other to the floor, I heard Lilly get up off the couch, a door slam than the sound of feet dragging against the floor.

"Kids, behave. We have a guest." I heard Lilly's voice.

Alexandra and I let go of each other and turned towards the door. There stood the one and only Josh Hutcherson. I groaned and dug my face into the carpet under me.

"Love how you are always so excited to see me, Chlo." Josh chuckled.

"Shut up. What are you doing here?"