Chapter 7

"HELP! THIS MIDGARDIAN MAGIC IS BROKEN!" Thor shouted in a panic. He had been waiting for the toaster to make his pop-tarts pop.

"What is it Thor?" Clint mumbled as he walked into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"THE POP OF TARTS WILL NOT POP!" Thor worriedly shouted.

"Did you press the toast button?" Clint asked, annoyed.

"Oh, I did not. Thank you bird man." Thor replied, pushing the toast button. Clint just shook his head and muttered some unkind things about a certain norse god. He made himself some cereal and sat down on the couch, watching the rest of the Avengers slowly trickle in.

"'Morning." Bruce greeted as he made some tea. Tony grunted in reply, head resting on the kitchen table.

"Where's Percy?" Steve asked.

"What do you mean?" Natasha replied, confused.

"Where is he?" Steve said again, more forcefully, demanding an answer.

"Probably still in the interrogation room." Natasha replied with a shrug.

"He stayed there all night!" Steve shouted, angry.

"Well, yeah. Fury was going to question him." Clint said, unsure of what this argument was about.

"He already did that! Why didn't he move him to a room with at least a bed?" Steve yelled, angry at how Fury was treating Percy. "He's probably still tied to that cold metal chair!" Steve continued. The Avengers quickly understood the significance of what Fury was doing. He was practically treating Percy like an animal.

"Let's go get him, we'll give him a room on our floor, the Avengers floor." Tony said, eager to "rescue" their new friend. The team nodded their agreement.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Let's get him." Steve commanded as he rushed to the elevator. The team followed, wondering if Fury was still there.

 The team followed, wondering if Fury was still there

Percy woke up yet again, in the same gray room. Still tied to a cold metal chair. "Ugh. This room. Could they at least add some decor if this is where I'm, apparently, staying?" Percy though, annoyed. He was shocked out of his thoughts when the door burst open to reveal the Avengers. Percy gave a small smile, and gave a quick remark, "Ah, this must be the room service." The Avengers exchanged amused glances and rushed forward to untie him.

"You ok kid?" Clint asked, noticing the dark circles under Percy's eyes.

"Yeah. I'm ok." Percy tiredly said, his arms and legs were sore from being tied up all night. He tried to stand up when he was finally untied, but fell forward and would've hit the ground if Steve wasn't there to catch him. "Whoops." Percy blushed. "My legs are sore."

"I've got you." Steve replied as he picked Percy up and held him carefully in his arms. Percy gave a small, embarrassed smile, but allowed Steve to carry him to the elevator, then to the couch on the Avengers floor.

"Geez kid. I've never seen Fury get so mad at someone before." Natasha said, silently praising him.

"Yeah, it's a talent." Percy said with a smirk. Then he questioned, "Wait, how do you know he was mad at me? Last I checked, you guys weren't in the room."

"Tony hacked the cameras in the room." Bruce replied.

"Yes, it was very amusing to see the man of Fury mad at the great hero Percy Jackson." Thor said.

Tony gave Thor a quizzical glance, then asked Percy, "How sassy are you Percy?"

Percy gave a smile and said in one breath, "My sass is so sassy that people with limited amount of sass are jealous of the sass level that is my sass because they wish their sass was as sassy as my sass." He took a breath and said, "Persassy!" then struck a pose.

The Avengers burst out laughing, some holding their sides to keep from falling over. Suddenly, the elevator doors opened revealing an unamused Nick Fury. The Avengers quieted and formed a protective circle around Percy.

"Step aside." Fury told the Avengers, his sharp gaze sending shivers down their spines. The Avengers unwillingly complied, ready to jump in if Fury attempted to take Percy again.

Fury looked Percy dead in the eye, and said, "I want you."

Percy's face contorted into one of confusion. "For what?" He asked.

"I want you to join the Avengers team." Fury said with a shadow of a smile. At this statement the Avengers protested.

"No way! He's just a kid!" Tony exclaimed.

"He might get hurt!" Bruce added.

"ODIN'S BEARD! I AM GOING TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE THE GREAT PERCY JACKSON! LOKI IS GOING TO BE SO JEALOUS!" Thor squealed, earning a few exasperated sighs from the team.

"Percy, will you join the Avengers team?" Fury asked.

"Umm." Percy stammered, looking at the hopeful face of Steve Rogers who mouthed 'Say yes.' Percy nodded, took a breath and said ,"I will."

"Alright, now that that's settled-" Fury began.

"-Wait! Fury, why do you want Percy to join us?" Natasha interrupted.

"I looked at the security footage of Percy killing that monster. I decided I wanted him." Fury said. "I also had a recommendation from someone." Fury added, thinking back to the mysterious call.

"Hey, Percy, what was that thing you fought?" Clint asked.

"A hellhound." Percy replied.

"What's a hellhound?" Bruce asked.

"Well... you guys know greek mythology, right?

"More or less." Fury replied, unsure of where this conversation would go.

Percy took a deep breath and said, "It's all real."