{10} A Walk

Richie's POV

8:30

A couple of weeks passed by like nothing, almost everyday being able to hang out with the losers and most importantly, my loser (what I sometimes call Alex that she hates).

Not much has happened, other than me still overthinking the kiss that Alex gave me a long time ago. I never usually overthink things, but this really got in my head. What does it mean? Does she like me? Did she mean it?

Millions of thoughts went through my head, that it was hard to listen sometimes. And listening is kinda important in my house.

"Richard!!" my mom shouted at me for the third time, knocking me out of my thoughts. I looked up at her from the couch. "Y-Yes?" I immediately answered, feeling nervous. "Why are you here?" She asks, putting the hand with the beer bottle on her hip while the other one held a cigarette. "I live here" the words accidentally slipped from my mouth in a whisper, loud enough for her to hear.

I completely regretted saying that the second it left my mouth. It just slipped. How did that happen?

Her face looked like a mixture of angry and confused, but mostly angry. I was frozen, but stood up to try and walk away. Before I could leave from being right in front of her, her alcoholic breath making its way up my nose, she smacked me. Hard. I was sure that it left a small mark at least.

My eyes got a little watery from the stinging pain, but I swallowed it down. "Don't be a fucking smartass with me, got it?" she spat. I couldn't let out any words, so I just nodded. I nodded before running to the coat hanger, grabbing my sweatshirt and running out the door one of my favorite places, nowhere.

°°°

Alex's POV

8:30

"I'm just going out mom!" I yelled over all the nonsense chatter of the current lazy morning. I'm surprised I actually got up this early. I had a bad sleep, well, I've been having bad nights ever since the clown thing I hoped to have imagined.

It was actually really windy outside and it looked almost as if it could rain so I brought my sweater with me.

"Hey Alex, I'm sorry. Again!" Jenny says to me, referring to how she completely ruined my book. My very very important book.

I wouldn't like to call it a diary but that is basically what it is to be honest. She just happened to have gone into my room and accidentally spilled water all over it. Coincidence? I think not!

It is now in my closet, drying of and hopefully still has visible writing.

I gave her a death glare, staring straight into her soul, before dropping the creepy stare and giving her the middle finger and walking out.

I breathed in the cold fresh air and began my walk to... well... nowhere.

°°°

Richies POV

I agree with my mom to be honest. It was a stupid thing to say, especially to her, but it felt like I couldn't control what I was saying at that time. I don't know what I would say to anyone who asked what happened with my face, maybe just say I smeared some  red pen ink on my cheek.

I don't usually go on walks, but I needed to get out of that fucking house.

I was passing by the super childish and creepy ice cream shop, spotting the clown inside ... staring at me. I walked faster, wondering what kind of children like those kinds of things.

Earlier I had gone to the drugstore to buy a small bag of chips. I ate half of the bag but gave the rest to Old Soman, the poor guy down the street from the school. He's been there for a while. Alex and I would always stop by and talk nonsense while we shared our after school snacks together. He says he made up his name because he can't remember his original one, that is how fucked up this town is.

I felt like I was going nowhere for some reason, so I slowly made my way into the woods.

I am way too curious

°°°

Alex's POV

I honestly couldn't bare looking at anyone in the eye in the city, afraid I would offend them with my angry face, so I stomped into the woods. Where things would be calmer.

At least that's what I suspected

°°°

Richies POV

Stepping on the small sticks on the ground once in a while, I began feeling better about what happened this morning (although it is basically still the morning). I guess I deserved that.

I started walking slower and slower when I began hearing more footsteps and branches breaking. My heart was already pounding out of my chest.

I stopped walking, realizing the strange thing was coming in my direction. I was frozen.

Behind the bushes, it revealed the person I hoped to never see ever again.

Henry Bowers

°°°

Alex's POV

I continued walking through the woods, beginning to feel better about what happened this morning (although it is basically still the morning). I was still pissed at my sister though.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming my way. I was immediately frozen.

Behind the bushes revealed...

Shit, not these guys again

°°°

Richies POV

My eyes widened as the ends of his lips tugged up into an evil smirk. I instinctively began to run as fast as I could in the opposite direction.

°°°

Alex's POV

The both smiled devilishly as I just stood there, terrified, for a second before instinctively running in the opposite direction of them.

°°°

Richie and Alex's POV

As I quickly ran away, I noticed this side of the woods, wasn't it by the...

Aw fuck

The Quarry...

So much for A Walk

Hello! This chapter is kinda weirdly made and also I was rushing to get my ideas on the thing so it might be a little weird
Anyway, love you all and thank you so much for this many reads already
Also, get ready for things to get intense as you can see -Author❤️