Mess 1

I drive to Eleanor's home. I'm furious, sad, confused, and frustrated. I knock on her door. She answers. I slap her. My hand stings and she screams, holding her face. That felt so good. "I'm sorry. I had to do that. You have no idea how long I've been holding that back." I say, shaking my red palm. She stares at me like I'm an alien. "I'm sorry I've been a...well, you-know-what. And I'm sorry for it. But that doesn't mean you have to break up with Louis. Look he really loves you. Really loves you. It actually gets annoying and makes me slightly jealous."

"Even if you were the cause, why should I even make up with him. Maybe he spends too much time away and you're not the only reason he canceled."

"Well, if he canceled because of you, you're a you-know-what. No offense. You know, uh, I've made a giant mess. It's everywhere and I need to fix it. I partially caused the cancelation of the boys' going to America. I made you break up with Louis. I've made Harry hate me. Simon Cowell and that hillbilly lady Adeline think I'm a bad influence on the boys. And I can live with my mistakes, all but one. I would never forgive myself if you dumped Louis because of me. I'm sorry. And I don't expect you to forgive me. Just Louis." I stare at her, waiting for a response. She opens her mouth to speak, then closes it. I shake my head and turn away. I knew it was too late to fix it.

"Uh, Kate?" I spin around. "Tell Louis to meet me at McDonald's on Tuesday at 7. You should come too. If we are both precious to Louis, we should be at least cordial. Maybe even...f-friends." She smiles politely and closes her door. Did I just clean up a small part of my mistakes? Did I almost make Louis's life back to normal? I don't know what I just did except that it was right. One down. An infinite number of problems to fix.