College and Promises

A/N~ I really don't think I'm going to write a sequel just because next school year is going to be jam packed with even more schoolwork, cheer, sports, president stuff, student council, and other stuff. Really sorry. But I'm really considering it! Also, if you choose to write a sequel or a chapter/epilogue I would be honored to read it.

And guys, omg I'm stupid😂 It's University of Illinois or Illinois University, not of Chicago! 😂😂 right? Idk I'm confused😐

Chapter 34-

~TOBIAS'S POV~

*6 Weeks Later*

Because our school took so many weather days, we had to make them up at the end of the year. That means we only get six weeks of summer.
How messed up is that?
Summer flew right by my eyes. Tris and I shared some of the best memories of my life in the past few weeks. We went to Hawaii for one week, DisneyWorld for one week, and many nights hanging out with the gang before we go to college and our lives our filled rush and stress. It's insane. The entire gang is going to the same college. Zeke was accepted to Florida State but denied the offer and applied to our university. He's an idiot. But he's my best friend and he gave up an amazing offer so he could be with us.

Right now, I'm standing in the waiting line in the center of Illinois University. Tris is in front of me and the rest of my friends behind me. We've been standing for an hour and a half. The girl in the line parallel to me keeps checking me out. I roll my eyes. I lean down and kiss Tris's cheek. She repays me by holding my hand and leaning her head into my shoulder. She smiles warmly at me and I whisper in her ear,
"I think Regina George over there is about to explode." I point discreetly to where the girl is standing. I can help but laugh when I see her red face, hands in fists, and the fact that she is literally growling at Tris.
The funniest part is that she actually thinks she is intimidating Tris.
I look down and see Tris holding back a laugh. Whenever she has calmed herself down, she calmly says to the girl,
"You are the human equivalent to the first piece of bread."
Then she walks forward because the line has moved up. I don't even try to hide my happiness. Tris never let's anything get to her. She just thinks of a childish comeback and still manages to leave people speechless. It's awesome. It's one of the many reasons that I am in love with her. Yes, I, tough, rough, Four, is declaring his love. I'll shout it from a mountaintop just to see a smile form on Tris's face. I would do anything to keep her happy.
She brought light to my dark world.

Besides the "mega jealous girl" incident, the rest of the wait was pretty uneventful. Finally, we reach a small table with a blonde girl sitting in a rolling chair. She kindly says to Tris,
"Alrighty, let's you checked in."

------------------------------------------

A few hours later, Tris and I have unpacked most of our clothes and are now sitting beneath a tree in front of a lake just outside of campus. Tris and I have been dating for over a year now and I never want to lose her. I want her to be mine forever and always.
I know what I need to do.
I stand up and hold my hand out for Tris. She gladly takes it and I pull out my iPhone and headphones from my pocket. I give her one headphone and me the other. On the phone I play "Unconditionally" by Katy Perry.
Okay, I'm seriously nervous.
"Dance with me?" I ask.
"Of course."
Her arms wrap around my neck and my hands find her waist. The song continues as we get lost in our own fantasy. Our movements are in synch and our feet move harmoniously together. When the chorus plays, I spin Tris and feel her rise on her toes. I put my forehead on hers and smile when she sings along.

"I will love you unconditionally."

When the song ends, I get down on one knee. By now, my heart is 5 seconds away from pounding right from my chest. I pull out a small, black box from my pocket. I hear Tris gasp.
"Beatrice Prior, words cannot describe you. But because of my superior awesomeness, I'm going to try."
She laughs and I continue.
"You're brave, intellegent, trustworthy, hard-working, and all at the same time, you still manage to be the most beautiful girl in the world. Now, I know we're far to young for marriage, but I want to ask, will you promise me that you will always be mine? I know it's a lot to ask, but--"
I'm cut off by Tris, who is in tears, saying,
"Oh, get over yourself. I'm all yours."
Did I hear that right? She said yes?! I slip the promise ring on her finger and pick her up by her waist. I spin her in a circle and set her back on the ground. She brings her lips to mine and I wrap my arms around her. Tris is mine and I am hers.

Let the college days begin.

A/N~ Dear everyone who read this,
Y'all are absolutely amazing and I am very blessed for everything y'all have done. From commenting lovely things, to messaging me awesome ideas, from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all. The end.
Love,
Katie Hayes

Also, because this is still a chapter...

QOTC~What is one of your pet peeves?
A-
•People interrupting me
•Loud laughs
•Sqeaky pencils
•Humming
•Wet feet

And for one last time...

STAY FRESH🍍