9. Out of the Woods

Rose and Dallas were now a year old. I couldn't believe it. Rose had started looking like me a lot and Dallas looked like Kousei. Glasses and all. He had blue eyes and black hair. Rose had blonde hair and gray eyes. They smiled at me. I had been playing piano with Rose because she loved it and Dallas like violin.

I was in the piano room of our house and I shot Kousei a peace sign look on my face (picture above).

"Kaori!"

"What?!" I said yelling at Kousei who was now downstairs

"Rose is sick!"

"What how?!" I said

"She has a fever of 102!"

"Oh geez." I said grabbing my emergency kit

We headed to the hospital with my crying sick baby.

I sat with Rose trying to hush her down and she finally stopped.

I hadn't told Kousei but I knew I was pregnant. I had been nauseous and tired also I hadn't had a period for 2 months.

I tried not to worry too much. They gave Rose some medicine and we went home. I set the twins down for bed and joined Kousei in the living room.

I cuddled with him and hugged him he smiled and I finally told him he was a bit in shock but not too much.

I smiled at I held him close.

Kousei's p.o.v

Kaori's contractions started up one month before her due date. It was snowing so we were snowed in. I didn't know how to deliver a baby so I just held Kaori's hand.

She squeezed my hand fighting back screams of pain. Rose and Dallas were asleep.

Finally Tsubaki came she said" Hey I'm here oh geez she went into labor and its too early."

"Yeah she said they started up this morning."

"Oh lord well you hold her hand I'll get some warm water and just breathe Kaori. Keep breathing."

"Okay." Kaori grimaced painfully

"Just think after this we'll have a beautiful baby and I'll have you. Just keep breathing."

"I'll try." She said squeezing my hand tight as another contraction came

"Okay Kousei just hold her hand."

"Okay."

I felt like passing out, Kaori was in and out all morning. She woke up on seldom occasions. She was exhausted from fighting.

We fought for what seemed like an eternity day turned to night and night turned to morning.

Finally at 5 am a little cry rang out signaling that the long fight was over.

Kaori laid there covered in sweat smiling.

"Its a girl." Tsubaki said handing me the crying bundle

I handed her to Kaori and since we had decided on Lilly for a girl we named her Lilly.

"Kaori its Lilly."

Kaori laid motionless I woke her up about to have a heart attack.

"Hey what happened?"

"You were out you had me so scared."