13

Chapter thirteen: Where She Breaks

" I'm scared of falling in love. I know what people are. I know what they can do. Being in love means being hurt beyond repair. And I'm already broken enough"

The group of teenagers finally arrived at their huge hotel in Washington D

The group of teenagers finally arrived at their huge hotel in Washington D.C, all of them looking around impressed by the amount of teams and the beauty of their home for the weekend.

Peter got down the bus and offered his hand to Ember, neither of them letting go as they walked down the lobby. They felt comfortable around each other, acting like it was nothing new. Even if they were holding hands and to the outside world they seemed like any other couple Ember's insecurities still wouldn't let her be. In her mind there was still a little voice telling her he didn't feel the same way, that Flash was right and he was only using her to make Liz jealous, or worse he knew she had a crush on him and he was only acting like this because of pity.

Peter was thinking something different, something Ember hadn't even considered. In his mind he worried about how the girl would react if she were to find out about his secret identity, what if she liked Peter but not Spider-Man or worse what if she realized she prefered Spider-Man and not Peter? He wasn't even sure if he was going to tell her the truth anytime soon, they weren't dating, he still wasn't even sure if she felt the same way.

For now, none of that mattered, for now they would just hold hands and enjoy the moment, both avoiding those nagging insecurities in their heads and just enjoy the way the other made them feel.

"Everyone stick together." Liz ordered to the group of teenagers, acting like the adult in charge because let's face it Mr. Harrington had no idea what he was doing.

"This place is amazing" the blonde exclaimed out loud, amazed with everything around her. Her family has never been rich, like Liz or Flash, they weren't poor either but after Margo left she remembered the dark times they went through. The only other time she had ever been in such a big hotel was when Steve took her to Disney Land for her twelfth  birthday, she remembered how he went on all the rides with her, even if he always got sick after each ride.

"Ive seen better" Flash bragged, earning a couple eye rolls but in the end no one cared about what he was saying.

Peter smiled as he saw Ember staring at a bird Abraham pointed out, snapping out his daydream as he remembered he didn't come to Washington to spend time with a girl, he came to stop the bad guys and for now the girl would have to wait. "Em" Peter called out, gently tugging at Ember's hand to get her attention, she smiled at him brightly looking at him expectantly. " I need to talk to Ned, but I'll see you around okay?"

She took a quick glance to where Ned was awkwardly standing, and she felt a little bad for stealing his best friend for so long "Sure, see you later Pete" she smiled gently taking her hand away from his grasp, waving goodbye as she walked towards Michelle, who was sitting against the wall sketching something in her notebook.