Chapter 9 - Stiff

Beverly Carington

I wore a crop top with a really short shorts and looked at myself at the mirror. Clyde walked in just in time and I walked from the bathroom.

"What do you think? Will they hate me?" I asked and Clyde turned his head to me. His eyes widen seeing me.

"Is this your daily clothes?" No.

"Yes." I said.

"You really do wear clothes like a slut." He said and I'm not offended by that because a lot of men said the same thing about me.

"I know. Will they hate me for this or not?" I asked and he nodded lightly. I walked to the sofa and sat there so Clyde can take a shower. He told me that we will go to Malibu beach after this with the family of course.

I played with my phone when suddenly grandma called me. I automaticly ran downstairs and when she saw me.. her jaw dropped.

"What are you wearing?"

"We're going to the beach right?" I asked and she nodded but still gave me really weird look.

"It's too short. Clyde will be so jealous later on."

"Don't worry, grandma. Clyde is not a jealousy type of man." I said and smiled.

"Can you help me with this?" She asked me to help her carry the groceries to the kitchen. I helped her without any hesitation because I love arranging the fridge. Weird right?

I helped her to put all the things into the fridge and rearrange them so the fridge look nice and neat. I closed it and when grandma opened it to check it, she turned to me with a smile on her face.

"You're good."

"Thanks." I said and Clyde appeared in the kitchen.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Wait.. I will change first. Give me 10 minutes." She said and then she left the kitchen. I started to fold the paper bags.

"Where should I put this?" I asked and he showed me the drawer.

"You're going good. Impressive." He said and I nodded. I always get a compliment for it but now instead of feeling proud.. I feel guilty.

"Let's just wait for them in the car." He said and I nodded. He held my hand and pulled me out. We got into the car and waited for them.

"You need to act more in love. You're such a stiff." I said to Clyde and he turned to me.

"Do you think I can't act?"

"You can't." I said and he suddenly leaned to me. I'm not surprise and looked at him straight into his eyes.

"So you have a green blueish eyes huh?" He smirked and then he kissed my cheek.

"Yeah." I answered and he sat back straight.

"Your family is really nice." I said and I turned to him. He nodded.

"They're really nice, that's why all the people around here love them."

"When is grandma's birthday again?"

"In 2 days." He said and I nodded. Not long after that, Fred and Jocelyn came out along with grandma. I moved to the back with grandma and Jocelyn. Fred sat in the front with Clyde. Clyde started to drive away from his house towards the Malibu beach.

"So.. Beverly, have you been to LA before?" Grandma asked as she held my hand and patted it.

"I never been here." I said honestly.

"Really? You'll love it here."

"So when will you two get married?" Fred asked and I looked at Clyde through the mirror.

"Soon.. We still trying to set the date."

"How about you two get married here?" Grandma asked and my eyes widen. I turned to her in horror when she smiled widely.

"No.. Granny."

"Yes! You both will get married here. How about next year? On my 100th birthday?" She asked.

"That's a great idea, grandma. What do you think babe?" I asked Clyde and gave me a look to agree with me right away.

"Yeah, that's sounds great." Clyde said and I smiled to grandma.

"I want to help you to get your wedding dress!" She squealed in excitement.

"Can't wait." I smiled and not long after we're arrived at the beach. They all walked first leaving me and Clyde alone.

"What were you thinking?" Clyde said as he looked at me coldly.

"Don't worry, I will pretend to cheat on you later on so I can leave you and you'll be done." I said and he sighed.

"Now.. let's go before they find us suspicious." I said as I held his hand. I pulled him towards the others. I helped grandma to spread the big mat. We all sat there and enjoy the sun.

"You two go have fun in the water.. you don't have to be with us all the time. Go have fun." Jocelyn said and I shook my head.

"We're fine." I smiled.

"Nah.. let's go babe." Clyde suddenly said and I raised my eyebrows. He held my hand picked me up. He took off his shirt and I took of my croptop and my short. I turned to Clyde and he was dumbstruck looking at me. I smirked and held his hand. I dragged him towards the water. I walked behind him and jumped on his back. He caught me.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he turned his head to me.

"Just go, fiance." I said as I gestured him to walk more. He walked deeper and he threw me to the water. I stood up and wiped all the water from my face. I glared at him and smacked his arm.

"I hate you!" I hissed and he laughed.

"He asked you to cling to me?" He smirked and I jumped back to his back. This time I tickled him and he fell into the water trying to get me off. We laughed and played there for a moment.

I saw his family looking at us smiling widely. I turned Clyde's body facing me and I cupped his face. I kissed him. He tensed right away.

"You really need to learn how to act." I smirked as I stopped kissing him. After that, I left him there.