Chapter 21: You're Fucked, Riley

"Slash called and said he's goinna spend a few days at Sky's," Axl said, accenting the word Sky, "See, I remember her name."

"Oh, that's... interesting. And I couldn't be more proud of you," I said and Axl smirked at me.

"Do you have work today?" he suddenly asked me.

"Yes," I groaned, not wanting to talk about my job.

"Okay," he nodded.

I didn't say anything else because my brains weren't able to function early in the morning.

***

"How is it, now that Slash is living in your apartment for a few days?" I asked with a laugh.

Taylor rolled her eyes, "Our fridge is empty."

I couldn't stop laughing at that.

"Are you okay?" she asked me with a smile on her face.

"Yes," I nodded and smiled back.

"Enough about that, what's with you and your ginger?" she took a sip from her coffee.

I simply shrugged, "Last time I saw him was yesterday afternoon when I left for work. He said he would come and visit me at work, he does that a lot, or walk me home when my shift is over but he didn't."

Taylor's expression changed as if she just remembered something, "Steven told me he had one of his tantrums again, he got mad about something and left their apartment and didn't come back last night. He's probably back by now."

Many theories about where he could've been ran through my head and they scared me even though I knew he wouldn't do any of the things imagined, he was an asshole at times but... not that, "Oh. Well, I'm gonna find out where that motherfucker went," I said as I got up, ready to leave.

"Just don't kill anyone, please!" Taylor yelled after me.

"I'll try to," I whispered to myself and left my friends' apartament.

***

I banged the door until I heard foosteps on the other side. The door was opened by Duff. He looked like a mess, like he drank a lot last night and now he's suffering from a hungover. It wasn't a big surprise to me, especially knowing Duff.

"Hey," he smiled and rubbed his eyes.

"Good morning. Or should I say afternoon?" I raised my eyebrow.

Duff chuckled and said, "I don't even know what time it is. I guess you're looking for your troubled lover?"

"Yup."

Duff nodded and turned around, "Come in."

I knew their apartment very well by now. Axl was there, laying across the couch in a pose that looked pretty uncomfortable. Izzy was also there but he was in the corner of the room with his guitar next to him and a cigarette between his lips and a bottle of beer next to his other side. I stood next to Axl and tapped his arm.

"Fuck off," he groaned with his eyes closed.

"And you're the one always talking about how I should talk differently to my boyfriend," I said and he immediately opened his eyes.

"Oh, hey," he smiled but this time I wasn't up for melting because of his smile, "Hmm, come, lay next to me."

"Where were you last night?" I asked the question without waiting.

He seemed confused at first, "What?"

"Where were you last night? Were you drinking?" I tried to sound as casual as possible.

He furrowed his eyes, "I-I... Yes."

"You know I would've given you free drinks, you didn't have to go to god knows where to get wasted. Where were you anyway?"

"It doesn't matter," he murmured.

"Well, it does matter to me!"

Axl rolled his eyes, "Hold on a second."

"Fuck you," I murmured and turned on my heel to leave.

"Riley! Where are you going?" Axl was on his feet and yelled after me but I was already outside, hopping on my Harley and leaving.

***

I was giggling at something that a guy next to me said, everything seemed funny at that moment. You can't blame me, I was drunk.

"Wanna dance?"

"Okay," I giggled again and turned around to leave the bar.

Sky

"We're gonne be late!" I yelled at Slash as he carelessly and slowly walked around the apartment while putting on a shirt and grabbing something to eat.

"Don't worry your pretty mind too much," he said and laughed.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

He had to perform with his band very soon and we were nowhere near Troubador.

"Okay, we can go now," Slash said and he took my hand in his as we exited the apartment. This move made my heart flutter but I tried to ignore it.

"How are we gonna get there?" I asked.

"We're gonna have to walk and hurry up because we're gonna be late," he answered.

I sighed and tried to fight the urge to kill him, "I've been telling you this for the past thirty minutes! Do you ever listen to me?"

Slash looked down at me and smiled. He didn't say anything but he let go of my hand and wrapped it around my shoulders, squeezing me into a hug.

***

The boys were on stage and happiness filled me when I watched them perform. Together they looked unstoppable and strong.

I was in the crowd, jumping and screaming along the lyrics that I knew very well, when a guy somewhere near me yelled something along the lines "wanna go somewhere else", he didn't say it to me, but I couldn't help but cringe.

"I don't see why not! I don't really like this band, anyway," a familiar voice yelled back.

I stopped in tracks and immediately knew what to do.

"You're fucked, Riley," I whispered under my breath as I followed my crazy, drunk best friend.

---

This chapter is shorter, I'm sorry.

I'm terrible at coming up with dramas, I'm sorry about that too heh.