twenty

||CHAPTER 20||
《¤》

It seemed as if Mickey was everywhere my gaze rested. The corridors whenever I roamed, the abandoned stairs; the hidden corner of the canteen.

And it was just me who saw him all those times. It was as if he knew I might need to look for him. As if he knew that I was slowly reaching the stage of devastation.

As if he knew I might want something I told him I'd never want.

It was the free period we rarely ever got, and everyone was busy making something for the soft boards or studying. I sat with the Physics text book, near the window, and that's when I saw him again. He was passing through the corridor near the window. He saw me, but didn't acknowledge me. It was after he crossed my line of sight that I rose up from my place, trying to sneak out of my classroom.

Just as I was stepping out of the corridor, Vansh held my upper arm as he entered the classroom.

"Where are you going?"

"Where were you?" I ask back, looking out for Mickey. He had turned a corner, and I would soon loose track of him if Vansh kept his interrogation going on.

"Washroom, kyu, mujhe dhundhne nikal rahu thi?" He winked.

I had noticed his three minute absence, but hey, I wasn't smitten by him yet.

"Well, I kinda need to go to the washroom too," I said, slowly freeing myself from his hand. "Urgent hai."

"Oh," his eyes widened, "Sure, sorry."

I literally dashed out of the corridor, searching for Mickey. He was walking across the hallways without a care, so I slowed down. I followed him quietly until we reached the staircase.

"You came sooner than I expected, Deewani," he broke our mutual silence without looking back.

"How did you know I was going to-"

"Take the other route to the abandoned entrance. Don't follow me, I will meet you there," he said, as he continued on his way. I took another route from that floor, sighing. My washroom break was going to be long.

And sure enough, Mickey was waiting for me.

"So." He started.

"So?" Was that a drug or a code-word? I was hesitating at this point.

"What do you want?" He proceeded to sit on the stairs.

"You know what I want," I tried not to cringe at my own decision.

"It depends on what you actually want to feel. How you're feeling. Is this your first time?"

"Is it that obvious?"