Chapter 2| He came after me

Start from the beginning

I had only been to Caleb's house once before, and now I can barely recognise it. Caleb's house, being as effortlessly stylish and slick as it is, has lost most of it's unique taste, probably due to the swamp of teenagers dancing everywhere.

"Let's find the boys." Noah says in my ear, his words loud so I could hear them against the loud music thundering from above. I nod in reply and we make our way through the crowd towards the kitchen.

Noah and I spot Caleb, Gaten and Finn with a swarm of girls crowded around them as Sadie talks merrily away with Caleb. I take a deep breath and swallow my pride.

"Can't believe you made it!" Caleb exclaims when he locks eyes onto Noah and I, grabbing everyone else's attention and I watch Finn interrupt his conversation with a girl as his gaze seems to zero in on either my dress, Noah's hand held in mine, or both.

I can practically feel the waves of hatred descend from him.

"Course we'd make it." Noah says as he locks arms around Caleb before pulling away. Caleb turns his attention to me before swooping his arms around me faintly.

"Noah drove you here and you guys are still alive?" Caleb muses as we part.

"Don't get me started." Gaten mumbles that causes all of us, excluding Finn's moody expression of course, to burst into chuckles.

"You look amazing." Caleb grins, gesturing to the silk black dress that clings to my body. I smile back at Caleb, fighting the blush that threatens to break through my cheeks. Although I will never admit to any of them that this dress is extremely tight and I can barely breathe in it.

"Yeah, you look great." Gaten agrees.

"Thank you boys." I grin.

"So . . ." Caleb says as he nudges between Noah and I, throwing his arms around our shoulders. "Is this a party, or is this a party?" he gestures to the noisy crowd.

"Let me answer that question when i've had a few drinks." Noah replies, walking towards the fridge and quickly returns with two bottles of Corona in his grip, passing one to Gaten.

Caleb turns to me, with his arm still clung around my shoulder as he sends me his best grin. "You joining us?"

I shake my head. "You know I don't drink!"

Caleb's face falls before rolling his eyes at me. "I forgot you found God."

"I didn't find God," I giggle in response as a few people pass us. "I'm not the best under the influence."

"Exactly!" Caleb's eyes widen with excitement. "You won't be so stuck up!"

"Caleb!" Noah snaps as he sips his beer.

"What?" Caleb turns his attention to Noah before turning it back to me. "It's true, this girl is so tense it makes me nervous!"

I laugh in response, and turn to Sadie who looks at me with a guilty expression. My gaze drops to the bottle in her grip before I feel my eyes widen.

"You too?" I gasp at Sadie. "Traitor!"

Sadie shrugs in response, and Caleb gestures for us to sit on the island table stool. "At least Noah won't be driving." he shrugs.