Chapter 19

"Today is the day that the current positions of Alpha, Beta, and Third in Command will step down and new one's shall arrive." Mr. Jones said to the pack below.

"Today is the day that we honor those new positions and congratulate them." My father said, finishing the next part of the speech.

"We now will hold the ceremony. Will you all please stand." Mr. Swain said concluding the first speech.

"Nick Jones, do you accept the responsibilities of being the Alpha of the Silver Blood pack and promise to take care of both your pack and your mate?" Mr. Jones sighed Nick.

"I do." Nick replied coolly, like always.

"Alex Carter, do you accept the responsibilities of being the Luna of the Silver Blood pack and promise to take care of both your pack and your mate?" Mr. Jones asked me.

"I do." I replied, successfully hiding my nervousness.

"Please hold out your hands." He asked us holding the sacred dagger.

We did as we were told and held out our hands. Mr. Jones cut a line across our hands with the dagger. We held hands and rose them about our heads.

"Your new Alpha and Luna!" Mr. Jones cheered, and made the crowd go wild. Nick and I stepped back and Ben and Katie made their way up front.

"Ben Carter, do you accept the responsibilities of being Beta of the Silver Blood pack and promise to protect your pack, your Alpha, your Luna, and your mate?" My father asked.

"I do."

"Katie Sanders, do you accept the responsibilities of being the Beta of the Silver Blood pack and promise to protect your pack, your Alpha, your Luna, and your mate?"

"I do."

"Please hold out your hands." My father said, now holding the sacred dagger.

They did as they were told and my father cut their hands. They joined hands and held them above their heads.

"You're new Betas!" My father cheered with the crowd. They stepped back toward us, while Riley and Jerry stepped forward.

"Jerry Carter, do you accept the responsibilities of being the Third in Command of the Silver Blood pack and promise to protect your Alpha, your Luna, Your Betas and your mate?" Mr. Swain asked.

"I do."

"Riley Swain, do you accept the responsibilities of being the Third in Command of the Silver Blood pack and promise to protect your pack, your Alpha, your Luna, Your Betas, and your mate?"

"I do."

"Please hold out your hands." Mr. Swain asked, holding the sacred dagger like everyone before had done.

They held out their hands and Mr. Swain cut them. They joined hands and rose them up.

"You're new Third in Commands!" He cheered with the crowd.

The doors to the balcony were closed and we filed outside into the tent. My mother tackled me in a hug soon as she saw Nick and I.

"I don't care if you're Alpha or not you can't have my sweet little innocent Strawberry Shortcake." My mother told Nick as she cradled me in her arms.

"Mother, that was my nickname when I was two. Can you stop using it now?" I pleaded.

"My baby is growing up!" She cried as my father came and pulled her off of me. Everyone walked out and left Nick and I standing there.

"So, Strawberry Shortcake, may I escort you to the party?" Nick smirked at me, one simple showing.

"Oh god, please don't call me that!" I pleaded, hiding my red face in my hands.

"Fine, I won't call my beautiful mate by the nickname she had when she was two." He promised, pulling my face from my hands. "Now let's go to the party."

_____________________________________

Yes! Double update! I might even be able to do another one tonight, but I'm not sure. Luv ya <3.

                    ~Mimikins~