His Fire - Chapter 1 [Prologue]

hey!!
don't ignore this part, it's pretty important. this version of the book only has 5 CHAPTERS to it. i'm saying this version because i'm going to be REVAMPING it (entirely, from chapters 1-26) and it'll be renamed as 'TEMPTATION OF HER FLAME'. the entire and completed story will be published on wattpad,  and you'll be able to see it under my profile by 24TH NOVEMBER 2021. it'll have roughly the same plot without most unnecessary parts, better character, writing, and storytelling. there's NO SMUT in this book, but if it's requested on the other book, i might add a scene or two.

if you wish to read the first and older version, 'his fire', it'll wouldn't be on wattpad.

(I hate you, I love you)

ARIA'S POV

My father walked into the room, almost tripping over the little steps of my room. He held the door for support immediately, cursing under his breath. I looked away from the open single pane window, which was enchanted by the blinding light from the scintillating sun.

I was used to the hate in his eyes every time he looked at me. I could practically see the hate and enmity welling up inside him as fury burnt. I have always questioned why he would take his anger out on me, but I have handled it.

My eyes shifted to the alcohol bottle on his right hand. This had been almost every day ever since my mother died. Thinking about the drastic event which happened years ago brought tears in the back of my eyes.

I have forgiven him for acting this way, though I couldn't tolerate the pain any longer. I might be used to the abuse, but the fact that it was my dad delivering it will always be painful. These few years have felt like an eternity.

Withstanding it was probably my biggest challenge.

I believed one day, I could escape and that this will all be the past.

My father used to be kind and loving, but the news broke him. He believed my mother was his life, after receiving the news that she was no longer living, he was no longer alive as well.

It was as if he had lost his mind.

He raised the bottle and in a split second, I felt it made contact with my head. My head throbbed the second I felt the glass shatter.

I whimpered, it was like any other day.

It had been two torturous years since he had become a monster. Every day, I dreamt of how it would be if I escaped.

It was like a wild dream. I could most definitely try, but he would find me, he got in debt with many dangerous guys, but they had a weakness. The moment they heard the word 'money' they would help, whether it was to end a life or sabotage one, they would do it.

I felt a sharp pain in my knee, realizing a shard of the bottle had caused it to bleed.

My father sent one last glare at me before leaving the room. He was going to definitely come back, him leaving simply means he had something better to do.

I took some napkins which I claimed secretly from the kitchen and wiped my bloody knee. I sighed, looking at the broken pieces of the glass bottle. If I had not cleaned the mess before he came back, his beatings would get much more severe.

I frowned at my broken state as I retrieved the glass from the floor. My life used to be magical when my Mother was still around.

I missed her so impossibly much.

Would she be proud if I ran away and protect myself? If I did run away, I wonder how I would end up.

I was sure Mother would not want me to do anything ridiculous and foolish, but was escaping really stupid? Or was it smart?

I do have enough cash which my mother left secretly for me, it was not a lot, but I could probably survive for a few months.

After she passed away, I realized I had billions of questions yet to be answered and it would never be answered again.

**

I had finally finished cleaning up the awfully sharp mess.

He was still my father, I would not want him to get home with cuts or bruises like the first few weeks of mother's death.

I sighed dramatically. I would die to get away from this, really. Sometimes, I think deeply about it, but it could be as good as a death wish.

I took my phone from under the pillow and look through social media and I came across a very familiar name, one that I had seen many times.

Vincenzo de Luca

He was an Italian billionaire who owns an enormous company which many won't have,

De Luca Company.

Worked from scratch by his great grandfather, passed on to his grandfather, father, then him, who was working in the company for as long as 4 years. I always admired him, though he was recognized as a heartless human being, I have learned that no one is heartless without a reason to be.

I read the article once the page opened.

Vincenzo de Luca - A name almost all would know, and a look given from, what many think, god himself. From a perfect jawline to his body. Girls would die to be with the man, and his wealth was probably his hundredth reason. The billionaire had recently appeared on live television with Vina Stanford Aguilera. The beautiful host for that night's show asked him a question which the whole world was dying to hear. "What is the reason for stopping your habit of a girlfriend every week which you were doing for almost a year?" The billionaire smirked and answered fluently that he wanted a break from woman. He added that he needs to catch up with the company's work. This statement gave the audience another unanswered question. Vincenzo had girls all over him from the start, how was he going to change the habit?

I clicked out of the page after the news got stuck in my head. He had trouble to deal with, although he had everything he wanted in the world - money, happiness, fame.

I looked outside the window and wondered, was anyone going through the same pain as I was?