CHAPTER 8

"No I'll do the cooking today, Besides Jenna you've being the one cooking for the past one week now" I said pushing her out of the kitchen.
"No I'll do the cooking" Replied Jenna taking the apron from me.
"No i will" I replied taking the apron back and also giving her a hard look.
Why dont we all cook our favourite dish" Demanded Mabel.
"Fried intalian rice" We all chorused.
"Jenna we have to do this as a team" You're cutting the peppers, onion, garlic, cinnamon and tomatoes.
Deborah you're going to cut the meat and boil it.
Just as i were busy assigning the duties to everyone i was interrupted by the door bell.
"I'll get the door just wait for me you guys.
******************************
"Ooh kacey please do come in and welcome to our masion"  I exclaimedclosing the door.
"Ooh my something smells breathtaking, irrisistable and, I dont know just take me to where this beauty is" Requested Kacey walking in to the kitchen with me.
"Hey kacey" Chorused everyone forcing a little smile on their faces.
"Bad company whispered Jenna and Mabel to me.
So Kacey what are you doing here" I asked leading him to the sitting room after which he turns to the kitchen again.
"Am here to help the girls with their chores. Give me the Rice I'll wash it up for ya.
"And what if Luke finds out that you were here with us cooking all day. I asked narrowing my eyes at him for some seconds.
His kinda going to be mad, But he'll understand.
Why dont you give him a call to come by. I said passing him an apron.
"That sounds fantabulous" Exclaimed Kacey hugging me.
"I cant breath, Your blocking my nostrils. I pleaded trying to breath.
"Ooh am so sorry, It's just that am so excited" We do go along dont we?
"Yeah we do , right" Replied Rose gesturing to him to keep quite.

Kacey at first was behaving girly and everything about him was hilarious. He has a great sense of humour and is also great with knife.
He ended up chopping 7 onion in one minute.
The kitchen was totally in a huge mess. Flours covered the table, chunks of meat were also seen on the table. The girls all seemed happy having him around and i got my self busy with making Lukes favourite sauce. I knew well that he liked them and was probably not feeding well at home cause i was not there to cook for him again. We all cleaned up together after cooking and all stood to admire our hard work.
Wow!
Nice!
"Great job everyone. Now let's head to the table " Said Kacey carrying the champagne.
******************************
The dinning room was beautifully decorated and everything looked well fitted and the night was also a beauty to behold.
"He's going to be here any minutes why dont you girls go change.
"Yeah you're right kacey" Let do the honours shall we? I asked taking off my apron.
"Yeah" They all chorused dashing upstairs to change.
******************************
"The door bell drew our attention and we all sat down while Kacey went to get the door.
"Hey girls" called out Luke who was handsomely dressed in a navy blue Tshirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was stylishly fixed and he was looking more handsome with his jacket on.
Wow, look at you all dressed up Exclaimed Kacey walking him to the table.
"Thanks bro,  I couldn't have done it without you" Shrugged Luke patting him on his shoulder.
"Thank you for coming Luke, please do have your seat" Demanded Mabel smiling warmly at him.
"Thank you. So what are we celebrating tonight? He asked taking his seat which was at the extreme. while i sat at the extreme also.
"Nothing much just the "BFF party" Replied Jenna smiling at me.
"Well what are we waiting for let's grace the food " Said Kacey holding my hand as others did the same in turn.
"Dear God thank you for this food and bless those who have nothing to eat. Bless this frienship of ours and all this i ask in the mighty name of jesus.
"Amen" Responded everyone as we all began to serve ourselves.
i picked the bowl containing the sauce and passed it to Rose to give it to Luke who was busy helping himself to his own food.
"Here Luke try this. It's really nice" Assured Rose helping him to dish the sauce into his plate.
He stares at it and smiles to himself.
"Is that spicy carla? Asked kacey with a big smile written on his face.
"Yes it's. "Here try some. Said Rose passing the bowl to him.

I drop my cutleries and focus my attention on Luke who seemed to be smiling and lost in his thought.
"Ooh hes so cute when he smiles" Exclaimed Deborah blowing him kisses.
"This tastes exactly like Judith  sauce Luke. Exclaimed Kacey eating more. "Kendra you're such a good cook" Exclaimed Kacey winking at me.
"Yeah it's great kendra " Replied Luke smiling warmly at me.
"I was touched by those smiles of his and also hated him for not stopping me from leaving. I tried to hate him but deep down in my heart i still felt something.

************************************************************
I rolled from one side of the bed to the other trying to get some sleep but i wasn't able. My clothes were smelling damp cause i was sweating profusely although the Airconditioner was on.
I lazily got  out of bed and put on my flip flops and stared through the window. I was awoken by fear and thought that I'll find solace by sitting at the window.
The night wind was chilly and the grasses were moist due to the melting of snow. I sat down and began to think of my mother.

It all started one bright sunny afternoon. I was just coming back from school and was hopping and singing out loud like a kindergarten. Opening the door i called out to my mum, but there was no reply. I raced up as fast as my legs could carry me and found my mum heartbroken i knew she had being crying as her eyeballs were painted red, her hair loose and photograph lying on the floor.
Just then my step mum comes in with her luggages and my mum leaves the room  carrying her luggage as she hurriedly raced downstairs.
"Am so sorry it had to end this way said Darcie holding unto her son.
"It's fine. I guess this is my faith said my mum in a low tune. "Please promise me that you'll take care of my girl just as you do to yours. Pleaded my mum holding her hands amd looking at me desperately.
"Yes i will" She assured my mum smiling warmly.
I was caught shut from the world and i couldn't say anything as i stood watching as my mum left. "As she left me to an unknown world."

Judith came the voice again. As i immediately stepped out of my thoughts. I was crying as i could feel the tear drops flowing.
"It hurts,  it just hurts" i said to Mabel hugging her and crying more on her shoulder."
It's alright. Everything is going to be alright. Said Mabel tilting my chin up so i could meet her gaze.
You know what? "Hardship may come, But it will slowly pass by Because it's not meant to last long" Said Mabel leading me inside the house.