41. Lotor- The Guardian

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SEASON FIVE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED SEASON FIVE YET. I REPEAT DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCH SEASON FIVE YET.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I watched patiently as the crew decided what to do. I suddenly felt a signal.

"Could it be? The chosen?" I thought, sending waves of power out. I gasped.

"It is... They are the chosen ones..." I activated their markings so they would know.

"Now then, let us see what travelers we have to ward off this time." My eyes widened as a figure came into view.

"Voltron?" I thought, "Is Alfor still alive?" I sensed the presence of Alfor... But not quite. It was... different.

"He is dead. This is his daughter, Allura, (Y/N)."

"The... Blue Lion?"

"Yes. The Yellow, Red, Green, and Black lions are also here, waiting for your command." I nodded.

"Good. Send them out. I will fire beams, so make sure to dodge. I do not guarantee the safety of the ship, however."

"That is fine. As long as our paladins are alive, it is okay."

"Very well." I sent a blast of energy by flicking my finger. The lions dodged until they were separated.

"Next time they will think more carefully, and take notice of the details around them."

After a bit, I watched as the two chosen ones passed through the gate. I guided them to the temple where they figured out the passageway. I sensed the Galran would not pass, but gave him a chance.

I sent them to the dream realm, facing them off. I smiled thoughtfully as the Galra killed part of my spirit. The girl went on to embrace the knowledge of life. I sent them both to the top of the building. I prowled around them in a lion form.

"You have done well," I spoke, my voice bouncing off the walls of the world. The girl smiled and bowed.

"The Spirit of The White Lion, the Guardian of this world, thank you for all that you've done for us."

"Who is... this us?" I mused.

"My people, my planet, my father, and my team." I smiled.

"You are indeed wise." I looked at the Galran, who had a slight grimace on his face.

"Rise, Lotor." He looked at me in surprise and rose.

"Spirit-"

"Do not speak," I said, looking at the blue and yellow eyes, "You are brave. However, your instincts did not lead you to victory this time. I have to admit, I've taken quite a liking to your kind. Reckless, yet skillful. You really are one of the chosen." I revealed my true form, an Altean girl no younger or older than they both were, with a billowing light blue dress.

I opened my cerulean blue eyes and smiled warmly, my clouds of white hair waving in the wind. The bright, white marks shone proudly under my eyes.

"Come forward, warriors." They stepped before me. I lifted the male's chin up so that his eyes were level with mine.

"Lotor, is that right?"

"Y-Yes."

"And Allura."

"Yes, White Lion."

"It is good to see old friends again." They looked up at me.

"What?"

"Honerva and Alfor, is that not correct?"