*fourteen*

Irina-one month later

I yawn, rubbing my eyes with one hand as I support Vincent with my other one. He's waken us up at one in the morning once again. But this time he's hungry.

I chuckle as I see him squeeze his eyes as my long curls tickle his cheek as it falls over my shoulder.

I toss my hair over my shoulder. "Sorry, baby." My little boy was three months I couldn't get over it. I laugh at myself, realizing I do this every time he reaches the smallest milestone. I kiss all over his face and sit back up.

Once he was finished we curled back up and slowly went back to sleep. But it wasn't long until my alarm went off. My door opens as I turn it on. "Good morning." I smile up at Quinn, rubbing my eyes. She yawns back at me, nodding her head at me.

"Eh, I don't feel like going to work." She says, letting herself drop down on the bed. I giggle, holding Vincent close to me. Quinn gives me a lazy smile and kisses Vincent's head.

"Still haven't seen much of my brother?" Quinn asks and I smile sadly, shaking my head. I stare down at Vincent as he sleeps. "It's better that way." I speak softly, I've been putting as much distance between us as possible. Until he finds his mate I'll leave and finally, somewhat, be relieved.

He'd be better off without me anyways.

Quinn rolls her eyes, "Shut up, Irina." She smirks at me. "My brothers completely smitten by you. Poor boy, he's a virgin you know." She says with the shake of her head and a pout.

I cough, "W-what? No way." I gasp, truly surprised. Quinn nods snickering, she looks at me with happy eyes.

"Naw I'm joking. Our father...a horrible man. He thought you'll have to fuck a woman to become a man. You have to kill, be cruel, to be an Alpha." Her eyes were cold and distant as she spoke the terrible truth of their childhood.

"Raymond was only...ten. Ten when our father made him do that." She shook her head. I pulled Vincent close to my chest, utterly scared and confused. I wondered why there was so many people like that. Like Hector and his father, and Quinn's and her siblings Father.

I shuddered, "What happened...after everything?" I asked, she stayed silent. Her eyes closed off any emotion. She looked at me, shrugging her shoulders. "That I'll never know. I think so, obviously some mental damage was caused by that motherfucker. He was always quiet and never showed his emotions anyway. But I wasn't allowed to be near my brothers." Quinn said with a sarcastic laugh.

"He made me do every single chore that a she-wolf  has to do." She rolls her eyes scoffing. I frown shaking my head, reminds me of someone.

"I know how you feel." Quinn and I have gotten very close. But I still haven't told her more than anyone else knows. She sits up, taking in a sharp breath. My quick sentence was about to be mistaken for me spilling my guts. I laughed, shaking my head. "No, sorry Quinn." She frowns.

"Come on then. Moms awake, Jack's downstairs too." Quinn says casually, rolling off the bed. I sighed doing the same, kissing the top of Vincent's head.

We make our way down, into the living room. Nadine and Jack watching the news. Nadine had a cup of coffee in her hand while Jack was still in his pajamas with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

Quinn makes herself announced as she jumps next to Jack. "Ah! Fuck, Q!" Jack pauses, a slow smile on his face before he bursts out laughing. I giggle with him, the little pun a little funny. Nadine smiled but shook her head, she coos as she sees me with Vince. "You're so immature." Quinn tells Jack, rolling her eyes at her twin.

He laughs licking the side of her face. "Fuck you fucking idiot! I should've killed you in the womb when I had the chance!" Quinn screamed. She hated peoples saliva. Well, of course, except her mates.

Jack smirks, taking Quinn's blows. "Morning, Rina!" He chirps, giving game a sweet smile. He stands up and gives me a side hug. "Good morning too, little man." He kisses the top of Vincent's head. He smiles at me, ruffling my hair.

"Morning, Jack." I repeat smiling, I hand Vince over to Nadine. She grins, "Oh my little baby!" I giggle. "You're going to shift out with Quinn today, Irina?" Nadine asks softly, a warm smile shot my way.

I smile awkwardly, bringing my hand up to my arm and rubbing it. "Um, I don't know. Maybe." Quinn saves me, her arm strongly coming down on my shoulder. "We'll be back." She said sending a wink over to her mother. We walk out together and I give her a smile.

"Why won't you ever shift with me?" Quinn asked, raising an eyebrow. She pulls her shirt over her head. I shrug my shoulders, she pauses. Her fingers reach over to me and toss my curls behind my shoulder. I gasp as cold air touches the bruising mark.

"It's because of that, isn't it." She said matter-of-factly. My eyes look to the trees that surround us. "I-I don't know. I can't even hear my wolf...I've never have. He always told me I didn't have to shift, so I haven't. Well, other than the time I had to. When I turned sixteen." I said in a obvious tone.

Quinn shook her head, she gathered her hair into her hands. "Look. This is how a mark your mate leaves...your true mate. Irina haven't you ever thought-" I cut her off.

"Don't put dreams in my head, Quinn." I tell her seriously. Shaking my head. "He's my mate. A monster of a mate...but it doesn't matter now. I'm here." She sighs, letting her hair drop.

"Alright. I'll drop it for now."

"Thank you for coming! Hope you have a..." My voice gets caught in my throat as I see Raymond walk in with a woman as the customers I just served left. My fingers and my knees trembled.

I looked for Quinn, I don't think I could do this. Was that his mate? Is that why he hasn't even shown his face? Goddess she's completely gorgeous.

"Excuse me?" Her deep, yet feminine, voice calls out. I gulp, slowly turning around. She smiles at me, a twinkle in her eyes. Like she knows she has a grip on me. She vibrates, radiates everything a Luna has. A Luna needs.

"H-hi." I squeak. She chuckles, her eyes dragging over me leisurely. She sighs, her arm on Raymond. Her long bony finger pressed against his chest. "You like this restaurant? Really! I expected better-" I cleared my throat. "E-excuse me. Please, let me show you your booth." I grinned.

I had to push all these emotions. It wasn't good for me.

I grabbed two menus and had them follow me to their booth. I felt Raymond's eyes on my back even though I could hear his voice speaking to the woman. She was...perfect. Her hair was straight and silky, like a baby has never even pulled a clump out of it ever in her entire life. I frowned, shyly touching a curl of mine.

She was no werewolf, from the scent I'm getting she's a Siren. A head Siren at that. Her platinum blonde hair giving it off, and her ashy green eyes as well. Her skin iridescent.

I place their menus down. I ignore Raymond completely, looking at the woman. "I'll be your server today, my names Irina. Please, if you need anything else during your meal let me know. I'll be back for your orders." She nodded, slyly putting her hand on her jaw.

"Thanks, hon." My eye twitched at the pet name. She smirked as she noticed, her eyes looking at my jaw as it clenched.

"No problem, sweetheart."