Chapter 53

Laura P.O.V

October 2016

"Happy Halloween" I smile as approaching my friends whom stand at their lockers.

"Are you going to the party?" Tommy questions with his hands in his jean pockets.

Party? Boy would I love to, but my parents would both have strokes if I attended a high school party that consists of lower class/middle class kids.

"..I uh...Don't know" I shrug.

"Well I am taking the kids around the neighbourhood" Ely informs.

"Aren't you sweet" I smile.

Elijah's siblings are the cutest kids. I kinda wish I could go with them around the neighbourhood.

"The nurses at the hospital are buying a ton of candy and distributing it all to all the kids....Than they go around in their wheel chairs, room to room with their sacks"

"Awww" I half smile.

It's so sad. I've never met Matt, but it's just so sad to think that he's trapped in a hospital every day.

"Than afterwards I'll head to the Halloween party and get laid" he says proudly.

"And moment over" I roll my eyes.

That's Tommy's only flaw. If treated women right then he would pretty perfect.

"Well enjoy yourself" Ely smirks as we spot Kyle in the distance.

Kyle and Willow don't talk anymore. I've been told that their drama all started when she thought that she was pregnant. It's a shame, apparently they were a cute couple.

"Are they still not talking?" I question.

"I guess not" Ely sighs.

"He still doesn't know....does he?" Tommy questions.

No he's hasn't been told about Willow's cancer. Willow told the guys that they can tell him if they want, but of course they won't. It should come from her.

"No he does not" Ely tells Tommy.

Well he should.

"Change of subject" I start as my eyes wander to Tommy "is Susie going to be helping you with your test?"

"Who is Susie?" Elijah questions.

The friends that I introduced to Tommy to help him with his school work. I think he could really use some extra support with his studies.

"She's a friend of mine from gym class....I introduced her to Tommy yesterday" I inform "he needs extra help with math"

"Oh no" Ely folds his arms with a smirk.

What oh no?

"So what did you and Susie talk about?" I smile at Tommy curiously.

"Well" Tommy smirks "let's just say we didn't do much talking"

My eyes widen "You didn't?"

Oh no did they sleep together?

"Words from the wise Laura" Ely starts "never introduce a female friend to Tommy"

Fully noted. Elijah should have warned me.

"Now you tell me" I throw my arms in the air.

*****

"Please" I beg.

"No Laura" my father argues.

"But why not?" I cry.

I've asked if I can attend the party, and well surprise surprise they said no.

"Because we are your parents and you must do what we say" my mother takes a spoonful of chicken soup which she than consumes. "Florence mine too cool" she hands her bowl to the maid.

"It's a party" I roll my eyes "Just one party that my entire school are attending"

I've never attended a party before. Is it so much to ask to attend just one?

"I am assuming that your trashy friends will also be attending" my father dabs his napkin on his mouth.

Umm trashy? He has no right to call them that.

"They're not trash!" I cry at the dinner table.

"Young lady do not raise your voice at me" my father's orders.

"No you know what? I'm going to that party" I stand up before throwing my napkin at my plate.

And they can't stop me.

"Laura!" My mother calls as I march up the stairs.

***

"Do your parents know that you are here?" Elijah questions.

"Of course" I nod as drinking from my red polo cup.

"Let me rephrase" Elijah starts "are they allowing you to be here?"

Obviously not. They probably have the cops out searching for me.

"I don't care what they say Elijah....It's my life" I tell him.

"Agreed but they can cut you off at a moment's notice so I would act with caution" he warns.

"Screw caution!" I throw my hands in the air, causing my hand to slam against someone's head. "I want to live dangerously"

"I don't think that your processing what you're actually saying" Ely shakes his head.

"Oh but I am Elijah!" I tell him"I'm finally thinking clearly" I spin around to see Tommy in the distance.

My parents can't tell me what to do anymore. I'm a grown up. I can do whatever and whoever I want.

"Right" Ely rolls his eyes.

"I'm going to get another drink" I slur as walking towards Tommy.

****

"That was...." I glance at Tommy who laid beside me naked on the floor.

His eyes shut and nostrils flaring. I stand up and begin getting dressed.

Once I'm fully clothed I walk out of the room to find people still dancing and the music still loud. My wrist watch reads two am.

Oh no. My parents probably have the entire neighbourhood looking for me. Oh god I'm so so so so grounded.

"You're still here" Ely glares at me curiously.

"Not for long" I say simply "get home safe"

I need to get home quick before they cut me out of their wills.

"You too" he calls as I spring away from me.