16 - endless heartbreak

C A R L

I stared at Clay who was pushed up against the lockers, another boy was kissing him. I couldn't help but clench my fists and grab Kade's arm and drag him out of the hallway.

Fury filled my body. Why the hell is he with some other guy?! Well I guess I was the one who cheated. He didn't do anything and he has the right to move on, but he shouldn't.

Once me and Kade were sitting down waiting for our English teacher to walk in, the tall blond who was pressing Clay against the lockers walked in with a wide smirk on his lips. Anger rose inside of me as he sat in front of me and Kade.

"How come everyone is becoming gay all of a sudden?" Another guy came up and sat beside him. He laughed and shrugged.

"So, who is he?" I eavesdropped into their conversation as Kade babbled on about some video game.

"Clay, he's really cute," blondie told his friend, who nodded listening.

"And what? Carter, you can't do this to me!" His friend almost yelled while hitting his arm playfully. Carter? That's the fuckers name.

"Carl, pay attention will you?" Kade angrily slapped my arm, causing to snapped out of my daze. I swore I could see Carter look up at me with a smirk.

"Sorry," I muttered before the teacher walked in.

C L A Y

I sighed opening my locker, it was finally the end of the day and I couldn't wait to leave school and go home. But I guess Carter had other ideas as he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the school. He dragged me without saying a word. I just groaned as he stopped in the park where Carl and Kade where.

"Seriously? Didn't we not show off enough?" I muttered but Carter started at me, slipping his fingers between mine.

"You can never show off enough, and plus, it will show Carl what an amazing and loving boyfriend you are," Carter told me as I sighed.

I followed behind him, while he dragged me. He sat on a bench and I sat beside him, facing him putting my feet against the wooden bench and putting my chin on my knees so I was staring at Carter.

"They look like their having fun," I muttered looking at Kade and Carl eating ice cream and laughing. Carter sighed and nodded looking at them. Instantly, Carl looked over at us and if on queue, I kissed Carter first this time.

"You really want him jealous, don't you?" Carter smirked as we pulled away. Both Carl and Kade were looking at us this time.

"Sit on my lap, it'll drive him mad," Carter smirked as he leaned in and whispered it to me. I nodded with a soft smile before sitting on him. He pulled me closer to his chest as he rested his chin on my head.

"Thank you for doing this," I whispered to Carter and he hummed.

"You're helping me too Clay, don't thank me," he chuckled. I looked up at him and for the first time, I've actually realised how beautiful Carter was. But I don't ever see myself falling for him and I know he felt the same way.

I sighed with a smile, my gaze falling back to Carl and Kade, who both looked furious, but continued their date. I smiled closing my eyes as Carter rubbed my back.

-

The next day, me and Carter walked into school, holding hands. For the first time since mine and Carl's break up, I heard him mutter something when we passed him and Kade.

"That should be me, not him." I couldn't shake off the words. I was mad at him. He was the one who betrayed me, who was disloyal, I have the right to be with who ever I want, even if it's fake dating.

"Did you hear that too?" I asked Carter, just to make sure I wasn't imagining anything. Carter smirked with a small nod causing me to blush a small bit.

"I gotta go, but I'll walk home with you," I told Carter as we stopped in front of my first class. Carter leaned down when he noticed Carl walking up to the classroom.

"I'm gonna kiss you now," I nodded as he placed his lips on mine. I smiled a small bit before he pulled away.

"Bye baby," Carter said with a wink before leaving me. I sighed and walked into the class room. I took my seat beside Clay and looked at the board.

"So you and Carter?" Carl asked, jealously laced in his voice.

"So you and Kade?" I threw back with no redemption.

"Kade is my best friend-"

"Well you weren't saying that with your dick in his ass," I told him looking over my shoulder to see him staring at me.

"Why are you being a little bitch?" He asked me, instantly becoming angry.

"Why are you being a little cheater?" I fired back. It was like our comebacks were never ending.

"You cheated on me Carl, I have the right to move on to whoever I fucking want," I hissed turning to the board again.

"But I don't want you to move on!" He said just loud enough for me to hear it.

"Well tough shit. You moved on first. I just followed you and moved on." I smirked pushing a loose strand of hair from my eyes.

"It wasn't what it looked like. I swear-"

"Carl. You had your whole dick inside of him. What was I supposed to assume? Oh their friends. They must do it on a daily basis," I sarcastically said and Carl nodded.

"Wait- you cheated on me the whole relationship?" I asked, instant pain washed over my body as Carl realised what he just exposed.

"Clay, I'm sorry-"

"I fucking hate you," I angrily said, jumping up from the seat, and pushed past the teacher who was calling my name but I ignored her and everyone around me as I noticed Carter standing outside the school with his friends.

I grabbed his hood from his sweater and dragged him along with me. It was awkward because he's taller than me but I managed it.

"Clay, woah, what's up?" Carter asked once he noticed my red cheeks and my salty tears.

"Carl fucking cheated on me our entire relationship." Instantly, I was engulfed into Carter chest, his scent was vanilla and chocolate mashed perfectly together. Honestly, I felt safe with him.

His grip tightened as my sobs came harder and harder. But Carter remained rubbing my back, and telling me that Carl wasn't worth it.

But deep down, Carl was worth it. But it hurt knowing what he did.

-

YO! I AINT DEAD! BUT I HAVE THE REST OF THE WEEK OFF CAUSE ITS SNOWING IN IRELAND! LIKE FEBRUARY 28TH AND ITS SNOWING, WTF?? ANYWAY ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!

remember to vote, and comment your opinions! I love reading them!

ps. they seriously motivate me to write more so thank you if you comment!

- b x