37- it's done

"Best. Anniversary. Ever."

After successfully breaking in the king-sized mattress, I shot Tyler a smirk as I climbed off of the bed still naked.

"Where are you going?" He reached out his hand in an effort to get me to come back, so I just smiled.

"I gotta shower. You can join me if you want."

Five seconds after I had stepped into the stream of water, Tyler was standing in front of me. Just like that, round two commenced.

It wasn't until we were effectively worn out from sex that I started to let the negative thoughts back into my mind. I knew the reason we were all over each other now, and it had everything to do with the upcoming deadline. If we failed, that could mean jail or even death. The stakes were high and although we didn't like to talk about it, the anxiety was still there, writhing underneath the surface just begging to break out.

After the shower, Tyler stood at the double sink to shave off his scruff, much to my dismay. I had really grown fond of his short beard.

"What are you thinking?" Tyler asked, noticing my troubled expression. I was standing at the other end of the sink with my makeup bag open, wearing just the hotel robe as I started to apply primer.

"Just a little worried."

"Don't be. We're old pros by now."

I didn't want to tell him that it wasn't tonight that I was worried about. We had a meeting setup with his uncles tomorrow and knowing them, it wasn't going to go as promised. I really doubted that twenty thousand was going to be enough to get rid of them for good, especially after seeing what they're capable of.

Not another word was spoken as we finished getting ready. When I finally saw Tyler in his tux standing by the bed, I was just as awestruck as I thought I'd be. It fit his frame perfectly, as if the black suit was made especially for him and his broad shoulders. With his clean shaven face and styled hair, it looked like he spent his days in an office as opposed to a bar. On a day to day basis I thought he was hot but now, for the first time, he was handsome.

"I feel like I should call you Mr. Bond now." I joked as I stood at the edge of the bed to slip on my heels.

"Hm, I think I'd like that." Tyler replied. "You look amazing, as always."

"Why thank you."

From then on, the only contact we had was when Tyler squeezed my hand while we rode in the taxi cab, and when he grabbed it again as we stood in the elevator to get to my father's penthouse. We were no longer on a pretend anniversary. We were just two people with a job to do, a job that we couldn't risk failing.

After knocking on the door, a woman that I didn't recognize opened it for us. Apparently she knew who I was because she smiled before gesturing that we come inside. After grabbing our jackets, she left us alone in the foyer where I took it all in.

It was a party fit for a king.

As I walked further into the room, my eyes traveled across the main room, taking in every exquisite detail. Light bounced off of the crystals hanging from the chandelier, making all of the partygoers sparkle even more than their diamond jewelry. Lights and wreaths were scattered around the grand living room, the only thing that hinted at the occasion for this fabulous event. It was a million dollar room full of million dollar people, an environment I would never feel comfortable in.

"Some party, huh?" I turned to my right and that saw my father had suddenly appeared in front of me, wearing a well-tailored tuxedo and a bright smile.