Chapter 15

Chapter 15

asher

I listened to Tyler cry in my arms.

God, I hate seeing her like this. She seems so broken while that bastard of a father she has thinks this is okay. Can’t he see that this isn’t okay? That his daughter is depressed because of how badly he abused her? That she doesn’t want to be here, because of him?

“Tyler, you can’t let him control you like this. I hate seeing you this way. I lie away at night wondering what the hell I’m supposed to do for the girl I love so much,” I whispered, holding her tighter.

“I’m so sorry,” she whispered.

I pulled her off of me and took her shoulders.

“Don’t you dare apologize.”

“I just don’t know what to do, I feel so helpless. I keep hurting everyone and-,” she started.

“Tyler, the only person you keep hurting is yourself. You give all your love and concern out to everyone, leaving none for yourself, until you’re just empty.”

The next thing I felt was her soft lips on mine. I pulled her closer and kissed her slow and lovingly, savoring every moment I had with my Tyler Crow.

                                                                           ***

“What is your name, sir?”

“Asher Smith.”

“Oh, yes, you called and asked to visit George Crow?”

I nodded.

“Alright, follow me.”

I nodded once again and walked behind the guard.

“You have ten minutes.”

The door closed behind me.

“And who are you?” a rough voice sounded. I walked over to where I heard and sat down in a seat.

“I am Asher Smith, your daughter’s boyfriend.”

“Tyler? Tyler Crow? It got a boyfriend? Let alone someone who actually likes her?” he laughed.

I knew coming here would be a bad idea. I wonder if Tyler would get mad if I punched her father in jail in the face…

“Yes, sir. Tyler and I have been together for a few months now. I love her,” I stressed, trying to keep my cool.

“You love her? Did she hypnotize you or something? Ah, I bet it’s for her looks. She always was a very attractive girl.”

Oh, so he was a pedophile too? Just fantastic.

“Sir, I’d like to have you know that I am blind. I have never been able to see how beautiful Tyler is. She is the most amazing person I have ever met. I fell in love with her personality and how she is. And let me tell you, she doesn’t act like a girl that’s been abused by her disgusting father, no. She is the kindest person I know, caring for everyone but herself. I love how funny she is. I love how she can be incredibly sarcastic and get away with it. How she has these adorable little habits. The sound of her laugh makes my day a thousand times better. She’s all these things you didn’t care to learn about. Your own flesh and blood that you treated like trash for your own good. And all for what? Alcohol. You let that control you instead of being with your little girl. How does that even make you feel? Look around! Where are you, George?” I shouted, my fists slamming on the table.