2 The Ice Crafter

Start from the beginning

”Jackie.” Emma says with angry voice. ”Get out, now.” She is pointing at the door but I  shook my head to sign a no. “No way Emma, explain!” I hiss to her when I watch the walls covered with information about Pitch. “Died 500 years ago? Fear gives him strength?” I mock at Emma. ”Seriously? You’re obsessed!”

”Jackie,” I hear Emma’s cold voice and I glance at her. Her eyes are almost burning up. Her powers are getting the destructive side. “Emma,” I try to calm her down. A burst of glow ascends from her and all the plants in our castle are dying, turning first to yellow, then brown and finally black. Black is new thing. “Emma?” She is not listening to me, she raises her hand.

A single plant next to me comes back to life, growing from sprout to a long vine. In horror I watch as it stretches towards me. “Stop it!” I yell to Emma and I try to blow the vine away with wind. No use. It brushes against my neck, twirling around it and slowly tightening. “Emma,” I gasp when it starts to strangle me. I try to loosen it but it just presses my neck more.

My head first feels the thumbing sensation as blood flow to my head gets harder. My head aches and the dizziness occurs. Black dots are getting in the way of my sight, Emma’s face is now unrecognizable. My legs give in and I fall to my knees. Cold sweat runs on my forehead and I gasp for air. My world is completely black, voices are blurry. I see nothing. I hear nothing. My hands stop trying, they fell to my sides just before I fall to ground. This is the end. Sorry Emma.

POV Elsa

“Did you hear something?” Jack let’s me go to ground when we arrive back to our ice castle. He shakes his head. My heart feels the ache, ache when a child is in my need. Needing comfort when she or he is feeling distressed. This time I sense it coming from our castle. “Emma!” I yell and run inside and Jack follows me.

“Something is wrong with our children?” Jack asks me worried when he wraps his arm around my waist. I nod to him and I try held onto my tears, the pain is so much. “Tell me where to go,” he is determined and holds me in his arms. His speed is breaking the walls as we go.

“To Emma’s wing,” I whisper to him and in an instant we are there. The sight is breaking my heart. Jackson is laying on the ground and numb. A vine is wrapping itself around him, his face is pale and his mouth is open. “No,” I whisper. Everything in the room is black except that single vine that is strangling our son. I see how Emma slowly squeezes her fingers to a fist, commanding the vine.

Jack is as well frozen still beside me. He watches our lifeless son. His expression shows pain, then he glances at Emma. “Stop!” Jack makes the room echoe. Emma isn’t listening, her cheeks are stained from tears and her teeth are showing a little when she bites her teeth together. Her breathing is fast.

I see how Emma loses her balance as a huge wave of cold air hits her. My daze breaks when Jack has done an blast of cold air by hitting his staff to ground. His shoulders are going up and down as he cries silently. I ran to Jackie and fall to ground. The vine’s spikes tore my fingers when I tried to get it off from him. His body is filled with tiny wounds where blood is rinsing. “Jackie, please,” I cry to my son. Begging to him to wake up is what I did in my mind.

Jack comes next to me and shows no emotion in his face. He touches the vine and it freezes. He claps it with his staff and it breaks to microscopic ice crystals. I see how Jackie’s chest rises and he inhales deeply. He is coughing and his face gets color back. “Thank god!” I hug him and cry to his shirt. He is breathing, hardly, but still breathing. I didn’t lose him, my son.

“Emma!” Jack’s voice is almost cruel and I watch him shivering from rage. “Don’t EVER do that again! How could you? He is your brother!” His voice breaks down with his last sentence. Emma is half sitting, half laying on the floor. She is sobbing and watching her brother and me. “I am sorry,” she cries and I feel bad for her.

“And this room!” Jack continues his lecture, “Your obsession of Pitch has gone too far! You are grounded.” Suddenly Jackie rises up and wipes blood from his face. “Stop it dad,” he struggles with his words and his voice is harsh. Jack turns around to watch Jackie who is furious.

“You two are just pretending!” Jackie points at me and Jack. My heart breaks down. Jackie is yelling with rage, his body is also showing it by hand signs and restless moves. “You are NEVER around! You just brought as here for so called safety,” he hisses and mocks us. “Jackie,” I whisper to him.

“No mum. I’ve had enough! You brought us here, you left us here,” he says sarcastically. “You’ve been blind to your childrens problems. Emma has issues, I HAVE ISSUES,” I try to go him and touch his shoulder and wrap my arms around him. He shooks me off and backs up.

“Don’t you dare mum! No more the Guardian of Caring stuff on me!” He cries while yelling me this, Jack comes to me and embraces me. “He is your mother Jackie, please don’t talk to her like that.” Even Jack seems shocked after this sudden outburst. Emma has stop her sobbing and stares at Jackie with open mouth.

“I am leaving,” Jackie says without emotion. “I will move to uncle North and you’re not stopping me. Otherwise I will hate you for life. You abandoned us to be with the children of the world. For gods sake! You’re our PARENTS!” Then he points at Emma. ”Me and her missed you. We wanted your time and guidance. Now it is too late. “

Jackie’s emotions are now exploding from inside of him. The coldness and wind is gathering to him and soon explodes all around. The whole castle is gone now. He destroyed it, he watches around him and for few seconds he seemed scared. He shakes his head, “Goodbye!” After that we saw how he flew to North’s place.

“Jackie,” I whisper with my heart aching. Jack presses my head against his chest. His voice is also crumbling, “We need to let him go. Maybe we can prove him otherwise one day.” I cry to Jack’s hoodie and feel Emma touching my back. “I am sorry mum. I will be a good girl. I promise to try.”

A/N: Your thoughts about Emma and Jackie guys? And about the hard times in Frost family? :) Of course I would love to hear your feelings about this chapter!!