fifteen

Harry's POV

It had been a little longer than 15 minutes, and I was seriously contemplating knocking on the front door again to see if Eve was still coming out with me. The sick feeling in the pit of my stomach was still there, wrenching against my gut whenever I thought about what I had just done to her.

It wasn't supposed to come out like that, I had no idea that the wrapper was in my pocket. I felt sick and disgusted in myself, guilt still pumping through my veins as my fingers tapped incessantly on the steering wheel. I found myself turning my head every few seconds to her front door, just to check if she may have walked out and was making her way to my car, but there was no sign of her yet.

I took a few deep breathes, doing my best to try and calm myself down. She was just a kid, and I know for a fact that she's a lot more emotionally invested in this relationship than I am, and I have no idea how she is going to react to this. She could hate me, or she could call the whole thing off between us and I would end up losing her, there was absolutely no knowing how she would respond to this, and that made me a little more scared about everything that would start to take place as soon as she walked out that front door.

I still had absolutely no idea why I felt bad about this whole situation. What Eve and I have is physical, and she has no say in who else I see or whoever I sleep with, just as I have no say in who she decides to be with. Those were the rules, so I had no clue as to why I was feeling so nervous about this whole thing. I shouldn't care what Eve thinks of me, she doesn't get a say in who I can be with and if she cares enough to treat me differently because of it, then that isn't my fault.

But that was the thing, I do care about what Eve thinks.

My head turned sharply when I heard the sound of a door slamming shut, surely enough to find Eve walking briskly down the driveway. I straightened up in my seat, taking a few more deep breathes to try and slow down my now increasing heartbeat. She pulled open the car door, and I jumped slightly at the sound, my blood pumping loudly in my ears as I readied myself to explain everything to her.

"Hey" I greeted lamely, and she turned her head to glare at me, before fishing through her bag to pull out something. It was a shirt, and my phone.

"Here" She said, disregarding my greeting and shoving the items into my chest. She was definitely angry, the force of her hand against my chest enough to push me back a little.

I caught the items as they fell from my chest, not replying as I was a little weary of what I should now say around her. I started to unbutton my coat, slipping it off my shoulders and pulling the plain, black tshirt briskly back over my torso. I could feel Eve's eyes burning into my skin, and I smirked at the though that she was still checking me out despite everything I had done. I didn't dare bring it up though, not wanting to worsen the situation that I had yet to address.

"Thanks, do you want this back?" I rasped, my eyes sweeping over to meet her gaze. She curtly turned her head to look out the window, just as my eyes were about to meet hers.

"It's just my brothers, you can give it back whenever" she mumbled, still avoiding any eye contact.

"How is your brother?" I asked, turning the on the car and pulling away from the curb, trying to make casual small talk to make the ride less awkward. She was the type to give you the silent treatment, so I wanted to at least try and make conversation so she would have a hard time ignoring me.

"He's fine" she gritted, her jaw clenching slightly from her growing anger. I let out a sigh at her words, she was giving me minimal answers, but I guess I deserved it after what I did and how I let her find out about it.