Chapter 3

Wait, really?

Jeremy sighed, and started to type a response.

Yeah, really. He had the same exact tattoo as I did.

He saw that the person on the other end was typing, so he sat back and waited. He was talking with one of his friends. They'd never actually met in real life, but he went by Kai. They talked sometimes, and by sometimes, he meant everyday.

Well, that's good, right? You're finnaly gonna have a boyfriend! ;)

Jeremy chuckled slightly.

I guess, but he's my best friend. I just can't see us dating.

Kai messaged back within seconds.

He's your soulmate, there's got to be a reason for that. If you weren't compatable, you wouldn't have the same mark.

Jeremy sighed.

I guess you're right...

Of course I am. :)

I'm gonna sleep now, bye.

Bye!

Jeremy closed out of the tab, and walked to his bed. Normally he'd watch porn at this time, but he just didn't feel like it. His mind was still stuck on Michael. Being soulmates shouldn't get in the way of their friendship, should it? They've been best friends for years, nothing could change that. They just might be a little more than friends... He could deal with that. They were destined to be together, so they had to conform.
~~~~~
Jeremy awoke with a jolt when his phone's alarm started to ring. As he grabbed the phone, he looked down at the time, exhausted. 6:00, you know what that means. But today, Jeremy didn't feel like following his normal routine. Man, he didn't watch porn last night, or this morning. What was wrong with him? He couldn't decide over whether this was a good thing, or a bad thing. As he went along with his morning, he couldn't help but think about Michael. I know it's really cliche, but seriously. He tried to think of a different topic, Christine, Kai, Rich, Porn, nothing was helping. At around 8, he left for school. Now he was faced with the fated decision, take the bus, or walk instead. He felt he stomach fill with dread, as he weighed the options, trying to remain chill. Now, a junior on the bus is killer weak, but if he walked, he'd smell like utter garbage when he arrived. His boxers would be all bunchy, his pits would leak... God, he wished he could just be like everyone else. Fine, cool, chill, ugh... Why was life so hard? Every little thing counted, and it sucked. He ended up taking the bus. It was quicker, and the chatter, however vulgar it was, was relaxing. He sat near the middle, away from the douches in the back, and away from the front, for his reputation's sake. As if he had a reputation... When he got to school, he went to his and Michael's hang out spot out of habit, completely forgetting that he wanted to avoid Michael. He wouldn't've been able to anyways, Michael was his player 1, Jeremy was nothing without him. And Michael was hardly anything without Jeremy, he'd just be the kid who wears weed socks, the nerd. That wasn't bad, Jeremy lov- liked this about him.
Whilst he was lost in thought, he was suddenly pinned against the wall he was leaning on.
"Yo, tall ass." He heard somebody say with a slight lisp, barely noticeable. He was a little shocked, until he put two and two together, and realized what happened. It was Rich. He looked down at him, annoyed. How could someone this tiny be the school's bully? It still bewildered him to this day.
"W-what'd I do?" Jeremy stuttered. He looked around and saw Jake, leaning against a wall a few feet away. Rich chuckled. He brought his head up to Jeremy's ear, or better yet, pulled Jeremy to his level, and whispered into his ear.
"Sorry, I can't find any other way to talk to you. I saw you on Saturday, just so you know..." The grip Rich had on Jeremy's shirt collar loosened.
"Wha?" Jeremy started, but was cut off.
"Shh, it's fine. We just wanna tell you that you're cool with us, we won't out you or anything." Jeremy was still a little confused, was Rich being nice to him? Just cause he was bi? This just didn't make sense... Rich let go of Jeremy's collar, and Jeremy stood back up. He looked over at Michael, who was previously walking towards them. He froze in his tracks, and looked confused and scared. Rich gave the two a slight smirk, before walking away hand in hand with Jake. They were cute together, not gonna lie, but what the hell just happened? Michael seemed to be wondering the same thing, as as he finnaly made his way over to Jeremy. I think this is the first time they've met paths, without doing their handshake.
"What the hell was that?" He asked.
"That's exactly what I was thinking..." Jeremy replied, with a distant tone. And as soon as their conversation started, it was over. As the bell rang, they started to head to their classes. They could walk together though, seeing how close their classes were to each other's. Jeremy quickly looked Michael over, and noticed that he wasn't wearing his sweater like normal, he was just wearing a normal grey shirt. It made sense, seeing how warm out it was today, but you'd think he'd wanna cover his wrist... Jeremy could clearly see the PacMan tattoo on Michael that he had hidden on himself with a blue sweater. It was still scary to think that Michael, his best friend for twelve years, was his soulmate. It was like his entire life was just part of some weird fanfiction... Michael must've caught him staring, cause he started to laugh. It didn't sound real, however.
"So..." Michael said and lifted his wrist. "This, huh?" Jeremy nodded slightly, and looked down. Michael looked at Jeremy's wrist, and seemed sort of disappointed to see it covered up.
"We've always wanted to get this tattoo, sort of a best friend thing... This is sort of ironic, isn't it?" Michael and Jeremy chuckled softly. They didn't really talk for the rest of the walk, until Jeremy got to his first period class.
"I've gotta go, bye..." He said.
"Bye..." Michael said softly, and walked away. Jeremy entered the classroom and sighed, before taking out a piece of paper, with the words "Humiliation Sheet" on the top. He made a quick mark before folding it up and tucking it away safely. This was his first time he'd humiliated himself in front of Michael...