▸ 7

HE HAD YOU

A bit mature towards the end

When people thought of the schools bad boy, Hanamiya Makoto. They thought of his terrifying presence and the fact that he had no qualms about beating people up who crossed him. Everyone knew he was the captain of the basketball team so they also knew about his foul play and how he could have someone injured just by the snap of his fingers.

He was an all-around scary guy and so when thinking of him or even when people dared to look at him strangely, they never, ever imagined seeing a girl by his side looking up at him with something short of an affectionate smile.

It was a really odd scene to see the infamous Hanamiya walking so casually and carefree by your side but it was kind of incredible because the students of Kirisaki Daiichi couldn't actually picture either of you with anyone else. Despite the fact that neither of you seemed like the types to pursue romance, they ignored you both collectively as best as they could and whoever got caught in their sights had to take twice the bullying and mocking.

It was a bit terrifying but a little bit comforting too because it almost looked like Hanamiya had been.. simmered down, in a way? It was like his attention was on you a lot more now so that meant that he wasn't all that focused on other people who he deemed were insignificant.

You went to practise to watch them play and mess around, throwing around threats and bets to see who could beat who and you watched this happening, entranced with the sport but more entranced with the captain when he seemed to be more skilled and talented at the sport than you had originally thought. He played one on one with Seto and then he dodged passed Hara whilst the latter chewed his gum obnoxiously and then he shot a three-pointer. Finding your eyes as the ball slid through the hoop with a 'swish' so he could throw you a shit-eating grin as he made his way to you.

As he fell to the bench, he didn't hesitate to pull you onto him, resting you on his lap when he reached over for a water bottle and drank from it whilst giving you a clear view of his sweaty chest and some sweat fell from his brow when his hair was sticking to his skin from the exertion and you observed the way his Adams apple moved up and down and his slim neck was almost enticing and then it had you wondering why the hell his neck looked so nice?

"That shot was for you." He breathed out quickly, spoke calmly and your eyes found his again and he grinned after he'd obviously caught you staring at him hungrily, "You're really good.."

"You say that like you're surprised." He raised a brow with a smirk and it was enough to make you stop for a moment, hating how the smell of his sweat and his dishevelled appearance could do nothing but aid in formulating seriously dirty fantasies of him laying like this below you on your bed but without a shir-

"Oi, stop zoning out and pay attention to me." His tone sounded as if he was scolding you but you couldn't help smiling after he'd spoken lowly when Seto and Hara snickered to themselves on the court. It surprised you because of how natural it felt to be on his lap and you let a small giggle fall from your lips, "Little Hanamiya wants some attention when I'm literally on your lap? I didn't know you were so needy~"

Just as his brows furrowed, you heard more stifled laughter and it only urged you on when you raised your palm to cover your growing smile when Hara turned away as well to laugh and Seto smirked at his captains face of discomfort, "Shut the hell up before I throw you to the floor."

He almost did, his hands tightening around your thighs when you grabbed his shoulders to steady yourself as desperate pleas fell from your mouth, "No, no, n-no, I'm sorry, Hanamiya, baby, I-"