56 : I told you so

Chapter Theme:

Stay Close Don't Go - Secondhand Serenade

Braylee

         Denver stopped his car right in front of our newly bought house in the heart of Filimon Heights. The lights are all out, covered in darkness, just like how my heart feels.

         My tears have stopped but my heart is still clouded by fear and worry over losing him. I couldn't stop looking at him as I was leaning my back against the seat; scared that if I just as much as blink, he will leave.

         He looked at me as the engine stopped. "What are you doing, Teddy?" Denver smiled, his voice as gentle as it was.

         "Trying to keep an eye on you," I pressed my lips together, mustering up the courage to keep myself from crying.

         "Why?" He chuckled.

         "Because I'm scared you might leave," I said.

         The smile on his lips faded. He looked at me lovingly as he caressed my cheeks.

         "Don't leave, okay? Please don't." I pleaded once more. "I don't care if you're sick or not. I want to be with you. If you really have to leave then i'll go with you. And if you don't want that then i'll wait for you, just promise me that you'll be back," I added in a fit of desperation.

          He didn't say anything, he just looked at me with nothing but a small smile on his face; and it was enough to break my heart.

           "K-kung ikaw ba...." This time, I could not hold back my tears any longer. "Kung ikaw ba ang nasa posisyon ko, hahayaan mo ba akong umalis?" I cried. 

            Denver stayed silent while I continued to cry. 

           Moments later, Denver got off the car. He turned around, opening the door right beside me. Without saying a word, he took out my seatbelt and held my hand tight; gently grabbing me out of the car and I could do nothing but follow.

          "Ano mang oras pwedeng dumating ang magulang mo. Tiyak mag-aalala sila kapag nakitang wala ka pa sa kwarto mo," Denver said as he grabbed me towards the house. He entered our new home like he's no stranger to it. He walked with his head up as if he knows every inch of it. He even knew where the light switches were.

         We walked up the stairs and stumbled into a small pathway, along are three doors. "Which one's your room?" he asked but I could not answer. I was still crying; ever since he told me he's leaving, all I did was cry and beg for him to stay.

         Nevertheless, Denver opened the door right in front him. It was my room; it only had a bed and closet, unopened boxes of all my belongings are still scattered on the floor. We had just moved this morning and I still haven't unpacked them.