Chapter 6.

"The very mention of your name, makes me insane."

-Frankie Sandford

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar

Once the park came to view Cameron hadn't even come to a full stop when Izzy opened the door and made a beeline to the swings.

"That child's energy will never not amaze me." Cameron laughed.

"A child's innocence will never cease to amaze me. How it can easily be taken away, when you're a kid everything is suppose to be new and exciting right? Not cruel and terrifying." I shook my head, suddenly remembering that Cameron was beside me and heard my ramble.

I turned to him, his eyes held loyalty and sadness.

"I can feel you judging me." I told him.

"What?"

"You think I'm some crazy Catholic home school freak because I'm not normal."

"I'm a Catho-"

"You were thinking it!"

"I was?"

"Well I thought." I rolled my eyes.

"Scar...You do realize how crazy you sounded right?"

"Yeah I know." I muttered.

"I know you were a foster kid...can I ask what happened?" His voice held nothing but sincerity

"Let's go sit on a bench. So we can keep an eye on Izzy. I'll tell you--not everything--but what you need to know." Not waiting for his response I got out. Next to the playground there was a basketball court and skateboarding ramps, farther down there was a public pool and even a small soccer field with a track surrounding it. Fancy.

I was still looking around at the beautiful sight when Cameron took my hand into his, giving me a faint smile before guiding me to one of the many benches around the park, from where we sat we had a clear view of Izzy who was now playing in the monkey bars. He took notice of us and gave a toothy grin.

Releasing my hand Cameron settled in stretching his arm on the back of the bench. His limb felt warm against the small part of my neck and shoulders that were bare from clothing. I had sat back and tried to be as comfortable as the thermoplastic would let me.

"I was two when I was put into the system." I spoke, my voice coming out hoarse making me clear my throat.

"She didn't know my father, he was just a guy she met at a bar and had a one night stand with him. He was gone the next morning and three months later she found out she was pregnant with me." I continued

"What was her name?" Cameron asked in a hushed tone.

"Olivia. And his name was Leo, at least she was sure it was." I scoffed.

"You remember her?" the shock was evident in his voice.

"When child protective services found me, I was barely healthy. They took me from her and I was twelve when I first officially met her again. The resemblance was frightening if you didn't count the fact that she was paler and scary skinny. They told me I have her eyes and nose--figures since it's the two things I hate most about myself and they come from my own birth giver--but we talked for an hour or so. She said she couldn't take care of me and it would be the last time I ever saw her."

"How did you find her?" Cam questioned.

"She found me." I looked at him "I was fine pretending she didn't exist. Sure I wasn't happy but I was at peace, then she comes along and tells me how she never wanted me to begin with."