Chapter 17: Reocurring Nightmares

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any thing in his universe.

Chapter 17: Reoccurring Nightmares

Unbeknownst to the occupants in the living room, the child asleep in the small bedroom was starting to thrash in the bed in the throws of a nightmare, a nightmare that would bring grown wizards to their knees in terror.

Dream Sequence

Daylan watched from a darkened corner as a strange red-eyed man with a black hooded robe walk toward a red haired woman that was holding a baby with his wand raised and an evil smile on his face. He knew now that the woman was his mother and that the little baby was himself. That didn't make it any better, it made it worse.

Daylan knew what was coming, he knew that he should try and help but no matter what he did she never heard or seen him. It was like he was a ghost.

He dreaded hearing the begging screams of his mother and the scared cries coming from his baby self.

He watched as she tried to slam the door in the hooded man's face but the door just was blasted from its hinges. He watched as the woman tried to shield the little boy from the pieces of wood that flew threw the air.

Daylan cringed and started crying when the man started laughing. That cruel laughter terrified him more than anything else in the world, even more than his uncle Vernon. Then he heard his mothers pleading start.

"Not Harry! Not Harry! Please--- I'll do anything---"

"Stand aside, Stand aside, girl!"

And then he would see the first flash of green light and then he watched helplessly as the mother that he never knew fell silently to the floor.

That was when the dream would start to fade, but just before Daylan would wake, that terrible sickly green light would flash once more. And just before

it was over he heard for the first time a raspy voice call out to him.

"I am coming for you and your traitorous father, you won't escape me this time."

"NO!" Daylan jerked awake screaming tears coursing down his cheeks. "No Mummy, please come back... save me and Daddy" he sobbed.

Earlier

Severus stood absolutely still not having a clue as to what was going to happen. Fate would have it that Jocelyn would manage to come down when Lucius and Draco were here.

He thought for sure that there would be blood shed before he could get some one here to separate them. Merlin knows that Minerva would kill him for failing to keep her beloved daughter out of harms way.

"Lucius." Severus started in a calm voice but was cut off by the blonde mans smile.

Lucius chuckled, "Fear not my dear friend, I have no intentions of harming my sister. How would I get to know her otherwise?" He asked nonchalantly as if it were the most normal thing in the world for him to be meeting the proof of his father's infidelity.

Jocelyn who had not taken her eyes off her brother was standing stock still with her mouth gaping open, she quickly recovered herself and snapped her jaw shut. "Well that was definitely unexpected." She said as she continued studying the man before her. She could now understand the shock that had shown on Severus's face the first time they had meet. She was undoubtedly a Malfoy.

But before either of them could comment an unearthly scream erupted from Daylan's bedroom.

For a split second no one moved and then all at once chaos ensued.

Severus leapt from the sofa and barreled into his son's room as if the Dark Lord himself was on his heels.

Draco scared from the terrifying screaming started crying himself reaching blindly for his father through his tears.

Lucius seeing that his son was in distress as well rushed to his side and scooped him up in his arms whispering calm and soothing things into his ears.

Jocelyn snapped out of her shock and raced after Severus and to Daylan, wondering what had happened to cause such terror in the little boy that had worked his way into her heart.

When she ran into the room she wasn't sure what she was expecting but the chaos around her certainly wasn't it.

The pure and unadulterated power that was pulsing in the room was suffocating. Toys, books and furniture were flying around through the air in a cyclone with Severus and Daylan in the middle.

"Holy Mother of Merlin" She gasped as she watched the scene unfold in front of her.

Severus had been trying unsuccessfully to calm the child before someone got hurt. There was too much noise for him to be able to talk to Daylan vocally so he projected as much love and calmness in his words sent to his son telepathically.

Daylan, my son you need to calm down before someone gets hurt he said as calmly as he could.

Daylan sobbed even harder, I don't want anyone else to get hurt Daddy

Calm down and tell me what happened Severus said gripping his son tightly fully aware of all of the objects flying past his head.

I can't, too... too... much gree...green light Daddy, I don't want it to get you like it did Mummy! Daylan cried burying his head further into his Daddy's warm robes. That man is coming Daddy, he is coming after me and you. And then as suddenly as Daylan's uncontrollable burst of wandless magic started it stopped. The room looked as if nothing had happened, not a single item of was out place.

And then it hit Severus as what his son had just said, and suddenly it felt as if someone had dumped a bucket of ice water over his heart.

"He is coming for us." He said not even realizing that he had spoken out loud until Lucius had spoken from the doorway.

"Who is Severus?" Lucius asked softly so not to scare the man.

Severus glanced down at the now sleeping child in his arms and then back up into the blue and silver eyes of his long time friend.

"Voldemort."