Naruto's Journey

Naruto finally made up his mind and went to get Sakura.

He saw her near orphanage playing with few kids. He approached her and was immediately bombarded with questions from the kids.

" who is he? Sakura-nee-san!"

" is he a ninja?"

"who are you?"

" are you here to hurt our sister?"

"Do u know any cool techniques?"

Naruto was overwhelmed by the questions that just keep coming. He gave a sharp whistle, which made the kids quite down. He then told them that he was a ninja & their nee-san's teamate and yes he knew cool tricks which he will show them if they were quiet.

Then he showed them how to walk on tree using only your feet.
The children were amazed, and again the onslaught of questions began.

"wow! thats so cool"

"Sakura-nee-san! Why didn't you bring him before?"

"You are now our ni-san"

"I am going to call you Naruto-ni-san"

"You better take care of our sister or we will take her away!"

Just then the matron of the orphanage came and rounded all the kids, thanked Naruto and Sakura for indulging the kids. Goodbyes were said and a promise to visit soon was made, the kids then left and Sakura & Naruto were now alone.

Sakura turned towards Naruto and saw he was perplexed. She inquired about what was troubling him. Naruto snapped out of his thoughts at the question  answered that he was surprised that the matron thanked him genuinely. Sakura just smiled at him and told that he shouldn't be surprised he was a great person and everybody is starting to see that now. Naruto hearing that felt like his heart was soaring and he knew somewhere in his heart a chibi naruto is celebrating.

 Naruto hearing that felt like his heart was soaring and he knew somewhere in his heart a chibi naruto is celebrating

He then led Sakura to nearby bench and asked her to listen to him. Sakura agreed and was led to the bench were she sat and listened to what he wanted to say.

Naruto began with how when he was little he use to dream of having his parents, how he wanted people to acknowledge him, how at that time the hokage was the only one that was concerned about him, how he felt when he was told about his heritage, how he wanted to build a village, how he felt lost with what to do with Uzu land, how he still wanted to be hokage, what he wants now.

Sakura just sat there listening and nodding encouragingly and understanding him. Sakura advised him that he should not need to do anything to make people acknowledge him, he is a good person with the heart in right place and people will soon acknowledge him and see the hero he is, and his parents will look after him from above and will always accept him for who he is and will always feel pride for him. Hearing this made him blush but Sakura continued on that altough he felt betrayed with hiding of his heritage he is not wrong to think of them since Sarutobi is only human and human are bound to make mistakes but there was no malicious intent behind his action & he should talk to the hokage to clear that up because only then will he feel satisfied.

Sakura then told him that she thinks that he wants to build new village not only because of his ideals but also because he felt a little betrayed by Sarutobi's actions and a little hurt by villagers actions & reactions to him. But once he clears up the misunderstanding and still feels that he needs to build his own village then Sakura and his friends will support him regardless. Naruto was happy to here this.

Sakura then advised Naruto that if he should go to Uzu to assess the land & talk to residents over there, only then will he find what is the most appropriate action to be taken.

Sakura then advised Naruto to mediate and think carefully and sought out his thoughts before leaving him with a pat on his shoulder.

Naruto nodded and went to mediate. He felt relaxed and started clearing his head, now he knew what action he wants to take. Suddenly he was pushed deeper into his subconscious where he met kyuubi

" how dare you you stupid jailor"

" come here so I can kill you"

" free me from this jail"

" let me rip your heart to shreds"

During all this Naruto just stood silently and listened to kyuubi vent out his anger. Finally when the kyuubi was exhausted from venting it stared forward towards Naruto to see him standing there with eyes holding understanding towards him that he saw only in one person before; his father; Rikodu Senin. He then inquired about Naruto's lack of action and the answered he received surprised him.

Naruto told him how he was told that lack of communication can lead to major misunderstandings and how mostly no one wants to choose evil path, so he will be here to understand and listen and be there for him. Kyuubi surprised sensing no ulterior motive came forward and told him his name Kurama and fist bumped with him. Naruto told him that he considers Kyuubi his partner and how he plans to give him his freedom back, before changing his mindscape to make conditions pleasant for kyuubi to live in. He was unaware that with his actions & words he attained the deep respect of the entity before him.

He then opened his eyes and lept towards hokage office, where he cleared the misunderstanding and was surprised to feel light & satisfied as Sakura said.

On returning to home he was approached by Jiraya who had just updated the village defenses on hokage's order and was coming to get him. He was told that Jiraiya was his godfather and what was his reason behind his action & how he was supported by his godfather from behind the shadows and how he was not abandoned but if he feels that way then he will beg for forgiveness. Naruto told him that he doesn't need to and how he was happy to have a bit of family.

Naruto was then told by Jiraya that he was going on a three year training trip with him. Naruto agreed.

That night Naruto slept peacefully.

The next morning he was visited by everyone who gave him well wishes for his journey.

Naruto then went on his journey with Jiraya promising to write them letters.