Chapter 1- Everday Life

What is Love?

The smell of fried plantains made my stomach cringe as I flipped another golden brown slice. Life was ok, I guess. I have friends that are the only family for me, but that doesn't erase the past unfortunately. What happened happened and I found the strength to get over it but I still felt something was missing. Anyways, my best friend is Ahsinam. We met in a New York park one day when I looked lost and lonely, according to her. She moved here about 12 years ago from India when she was 13. Her mother didn't want her child to grow up in the household she had. In short, she didn't want Ahsinam to experience the raping's and forcefulness that she had. It was a good decision because she brought so much joy in my life. I was cooking in Ahsinam's house while she took care of her baby. Suddenly there was a knock on the front door. "Hey, can you get that?!" I shouted I was too busy frying. Ahsinam replied "no, sorry cant leave the baby right now". I sighed and turned down the stove top burner. I walked to the door and looked through the peephole. I saw a familiar furious face. A man I had made very, very angry yesterday from what I did. He was probably surrounded by his friends for back up. Christ, why'd they have to come here right now. When I thought about it, I realized I shouldn't have been here, knowing that they might be looking for me. I left the still locked door and ran to my room to get my gun. "Open up!!! We got you now!" the man yelled from outside and shook the hole apartment building. This wasn't gonna be pretty and that baby is probably going to cry even more after this.

Okay, so vote and comment PLEASE, lol thanks for reading. I hope you liked it and tell me what was good and bad. Thanks again! I will upload again soon.