Chapter 8: Umbrella [Mature]

"...I'm going to conceptualize the whole story and try to make a storyboard. Maybe you can present House of Terror to Sean and you can convince him to approve it, Liezel Anne," Glen said and adjusted his glasses. His big, curly red hair pestered his round, plump face as usual.

It was lunchtime and he was rambling on about an idea over a massive meat loaf carver, spilling some of the filling as he waved it aimlessly while he spoke. Crowding a table in the corner of the break room, Will and Liezel listened to him with lesser appetite once he started devouring his meal.

"Cool," Will said and his facial expression slightly tensed at the sight of a lettuce sliding off between the fat meat in Glen's sandwich. "Don't you ever consider getting a new haircut? Cutting your hair short?" he said. It was needless to say that he couldn't help but notice his friend's hair that was disturbingly growing out in all directions.

"I already told you, dude. Girls dig big guys with big hair," Glen told Will. "It gives them the impression that everything about me is huge. Everything. As in everything. Get it?" He smirked, resembling a white guy trying to sound like a seductive philanderer.

Glen was built slightly on the large side but had a soft heart for all kinds of animals. He was also obsessed over gummy bears and mermaids, at least according to his Facebook and Instagram posts. Apart from animals and other mythical creatures, he also loved women and regularly hooked up with them on a weekly basis. His dad died when he was still in college, and he'd been living with his mom ever since. Comical yet tragic. That was how Will described Glen's life to Liezel on her first week.

Liezel made a face and carefully forked a thin slice of chicken meat in her salad box. She looked disgusted and didn't even try to hide it. She turned to Will. "Una told me you moved in a couple of days ago?" she asked.

Will nodded and washed his throat with a cherry soda. "I have. She has a really nice house."

Liezel's smile widened. "And what do you think of Una?"

"Wait," Glen interrupted her. "Is your friend Una hot? Does she have big guns? You know what I mean? Is she single? Can you tell her about me? Put on some good words for me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Glen, why can't you be like Will and be decent? For real."

Will nodded in agreement. "Liz makes a valid suggestion, buddy. A little proper decorum will get you a long way―and perhaps a good woman for a change."

"You don't say." Glen scowled. "Dude, what the fuck is this? A fucking intervention?" he complained before his mouth slaughtered the sandwich in his hand again.

"Ms. Miller's third house rule is no swearing. You'd fail getting on her good side with your mouth alone, dude," Will nonchalantly said and took a red apple from his brown bag. "You have a very filthy one." He bit on the fruit.