Chapter 14

"Uhhh hi. This is Peter Parker's...my... voicemail. Please leave a message!"

I smirked at Peter's awkwardness, but was still disappointed that he did not answer the phone. It was Christmas Day, and I sat outside on the icy porch. There was no snow, but it was still freezing. My green puffy jacket and jeans did little to help.

I wanted to wish Peter a "Merry Christmas" and just hear his voice.

If he keeps going MIA I am going to kick his butt.

As per usual, I could not help but worry. Last time I saw him, he had a bullet in his side!

He's a superhero. He can take care of himself.

I could not even convince myself of that. I just missed him. A lot. I missed his laugh and the way his eyes glistened. I missed the warmth of his hands when he squeezed my own. I missed the shy smile and blush that decorated his cheeks when he made a stupid joke. I missed all of it.

"Mia! Come inside, it's cold," my mother yelled from inside the house.

"Coming!" I took one last tentative look outside, and walked inside.

Christmas had been excellent. The house was decorated vibrantly with shimmery tinsel and evergreen wreaths. The Christmas tree glittered with red, green, and gold. I had a stack of presents in my room just begging to be used. 

I spent the day with my family  and we played board games, drank peppermint hot chocolate, and watched classic Christmas movies.

I was getting ready for bed when a ding came from my phone.

Peter: Meet me outside your house in 10 minutes

I looked at the clock. It was 12:30 and the rest of my family was snoring snugly in their beds.

I put on black leggings and an old sweatshirt. Then, I crept downstairs and slipped outside.

Little white flakes fell from the dark sky.  After attempting in vain to brush them from my hair, I just pulled up my hood. My nose was frozen and I am willing to bet money that my cheeks were the color of tomatoes.

After waiting for fifteen minutes in frustration, I turned around with a huff and began to walk back inside.

"Wait."

I stopped and spun around to see him with a red box in his hands.

"Merry Christmas Mia."

He placed the box on the wooden table that decorated my patio.

I ran into his arms. We embraced for a minute and pulled away. I looked at him, and saw little white specks in his brown locks.

"You have snowflakes in your hair," I told him.

"Oh really?" Peter looked at me, a mischievous smirk plastered on his face.

I was going to say something witty back, until Peter stepped closer and gently pulled down my hood.

He cupped my face in his hands, and I wound  my arms around  his neck.

I pulled him to me and our lips met. Shivers raced up and down my spine as Peter pulled me even closer to him. Everything, the worry, anxiety, sadness; just melted away.

We pulled away, and Peter looked behind me and snickered.

"What?"

"Look at the mistletoe." He pointed at the little plant dangling from the doorframe.

"Shut up and kiss me Spider-Man."
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: ok guys. This story is coming to a close, and I want to thank everyone who took the time to read, vote and comment. It truly makes my day.

Now it's up to you guys...

Do I end it like this?

Or do I do an epilogue with some Peter/Mia fluff

Comment down what you guys would like to see ❤️