Movements of the Heart

Kyle stared at his reflection in the mirror. He didn't look any different but he sure as hell felt like a changed man. He was in love. He was officially in love with Emily Schuster. It was something he could never have foreseen before, and yet, it all felt so right. It was as if it was something that was just meant to be. He grinned widely imagining her spectacled face, her green eyes, her cute little lips, and her soft brown hair. She was a vision of perfection. Now that he knew how he was feeling, he could go confidently in the direction his heart pointed him to. Emily was his object of affection and he wanted to shower her with his love. He imagined them running around chasing each other in a meadow, wining and dining at the top restaurants in the city, jet setting to island paradises with her, and dancing the night away with her. The possibilities were endless. But first, he had to get to school which is where he knew she would be waiting for him.

"Gramps," called out Kyle. "Prepare the yellow Lamborghini for me," said Kyle.

"Young Master," said Butler Lafayette uneasily, "you will—"be walking to school," finished his father.

Kyle turned around irritably to see his father walk in, dressed in a burgundy robe with a paper in his hand.

"What?" He scathingly asked.

"You're walking to school. Your driving privileges have been revoked and it won't return until you agree to meet Maxwell's sister Davina," responded his father cooly.

"When did I ever agree to this?" Kyle roared his mood instantly turning sour.

"Everything I say you agree with Kyle, and I told you all of this yesterday. You were just too busy flying off the handle to listen properly," his father replied coldly.

"Like hell I'm going to agree. You can't do this to me!" Kyle glowered challengingly at his father who stared back in slight amusement which only ticked Kyle off even more.

"Yes I can. Your car keys has been imported to France and won't return until you meet her," he said as he poured some milk into his coffee.

"When the hell did you do that?" Kyle asked in horror. His baby was going to France?

"This morning, when I heard that you stood her up," his father replied scathingly before sipping the coffee slowly.

"I never even agreed!" Cried out Kyle in distaste. His hand curled into fists and he felt like wrecking something. Anything.

Butler La Fayette watched the two's interaction nervously knowing what happened the last time they got into a major argument. The maids must've sensed the same since they scurried off to their working post leaving the room devoid of anyone except himself, young master, and the master. Not a very good triad, he thought uneasily.

"Sir--he was silenced by a wave of a hand and the master snidely said, "Well you're going to have to agree to this engagement since it already has happened." Glancing down at his diamond encrusted watch, he gave a curt smile, "You better start walking if you don't want to be late to school. And I'd really rethink not taking the umbrella. Heard that rain can bald you."

"No wonder your hairline is receding," Kyle snapped as he stormed out.

xx

"Damn him, damn him, damn him," Kyle thought reproachfully as he walked to school. His umbrella was doing a good job of protecting him but he couldn't believe that his father actually did that. Who did he think he was? "Unbelievable," he muttered.

As Kyle lethargically trudged across the school campus, he wondered what Emily was doing.

Emily stood at the front of the school, a cheap purple umbrella in her hand and a microphone in the other.