Chapter 8

The moon was still out,and the forest where the Servamps' mansion laid in was showered by it's moonlight.

  All of the Servamps were in their beds,sleeping peacefully.

  Everybody was sleeping soundly-

  -....Not.

  Mikuni woke up with a groan. He yawned,and stretched his limbs out. He wondered why it felt as if he was sitting on a bed,instead of the grass in the forest.

  Wait.

  Oh yeah,that's right.

  He remembered why now.

  He somehow got separated from Misono and Izuna, ended up in another town,met Doubt Doubt, discovered that they were in the past,and finally managed to persuade Doubt Doubt into letting him stay for the night in the Servamps' mansion.

  Speaking of which..

  Why was the moon still out?

  He glanced at the bedside table,and noticed that there was a conveniently-placed pocket watch on the table.

  He realised that the time here would be different,and concluded that the pocket-watch was from here,so it should actually show the correct time.

  He flipped the cover up,because the round and golden pocket-watch had a cover on. He saw that the time was still..6 AM here.

  "Ah,the sun rises when it's about 6:30 AM or 7 AM, right?No wonder the moon is still out.." He yawned, but had some curtesy to cover his mouth.

  Then that was when it happened.

  His stomach made a long growl.

  "Oh yeah,I did not eat anything when I arrived here, did I?" Mikuni chuckled when he remembered that he hadn't ate anything yet.

"Well,this is a mansion,so there is bound to be some food here in the kitchen..Which,if I remember correctly,is by the end of this Hallway and with a right," Mikuni made a decision,and got up.

  He would be eating some of the Servamps' snacks if they had any.

  It wouldn't hurt,right?Just an apple or so..And it was about 6 AM or so,so they shouldn't be awake.

  So,he placed his cowboy hat on,and Abel on his shoulder.

  The same doll that Misono gave him as a birthday gift when they were still in the same house,and when Misono was still cute and a child.

  He cranked the door open quietly,and went out.He made sure to close it again,and crept throughout the journey to the kitchen.

  When he arrived,he realised that this time would not have a refrigerator,so the food would not be that fresh.

  However,he did not care at the moment. He was going to feed his rumbling belly no matter what.

  "Let's see..What fruits do they have?" Mikuni asked out loud,as he rummaged throughout the cupboards.

  However,he was so bent in trying to find food,that he did not notice a presence coming by.

  He spotted an apple by the counter,and it did not look that mouldy. Speculating,it was probably caught yesterday.

  Who?

  Probably Mother (Wrath).

  Yeah,probably her.She does like farming after all.

  Mikuni took a bite from the apple,and was quite surprised when it was juicy and delicious. He smiled, and continued digging in.

  However,the presence was getting nearer and nearer.