Hospatilty & Hostility

Last time on Tails and Ears:

  "But now, let's get to the point—who are you really?"

***

Shina

The room goes deathly quiet, the movement of Naruto's tail rubbing against the bed sheets could be heard clearly. For a moment I stopped petting the fox beside me until he whined for me to continue. I was peeved but still skeptical on why she asked me this.

"Why... Do you need to know? It's none of your business." I spat, already hating this blonde woman, she reeks of alcohol and sweat. Most humans do. The other ninjas standing in the background were getting annoying, with all their whispering, yapping and staring. Staring at us like we're some freaks of nature.

The woman who asked me the question stayed silent for a few moments.

"... You come into my village, attack me, and then when I show you some hospitality, you can't even answer a simple question?" The woman remarked, clearly peeved at my attitude.

My eyes widened, now noticing my actions, and looked away in embarrassment. I swear I heard Naruto stiffen a laugh (even though he's a fox at the moment).

"T—thank you," The atmosphere was getting uncomfortable, with all these eyes on me.

"But I'm not sorry for attacking you, I don't trust your kind" I spat, reminding myself about what kind of creatures humans are.

"The only reason you're not in pain from our fight was that I was already wounded from a previous battle," I spoke in a matter-of-fact tone. The younger ninjas expressions changed while the older one only changed slightly, probably disbelieving my claim.

"And I'm sure, you weren't unscathed from our fight" I uttered, staring at her arm, where I 'stabbed' her with my blade. Her eyes widened and she subconsciously held her wrist.

"How... how hasn't it healed yet?" The woman asked, once again checking my body for my wounds. I glanced over Naruto as he seemed to be lost in his own space, but now waking back up as the woman started checking on my body once again.

"Hmph, I don't need to tell you anything, but since you've shown me such great hospitality I will answer you," Sarcasm laced within my voice, but I could care less about my attitude.

"What I stabbed you with was a genjutsu, a technique that was only but an illusion. The pain was absolutely real though" I said as she started to use her medical instruments on my arm

"I know that! But why...Do I still feel it...?" She started off rude but then suddenly went inaudible for the human ears but I heard it loud and clear. I could see Naruto's ears twitching and raised his head slightly to face the woman.

"Hm, what did you say?" I smirked devilishly, knowing full well about what she said. I wanted to hear it again. Naruto looked at me funny, probably questioning why I said that. The ninjas at the back seemed to be fairly interested.

She mumbled something again, some incoherent words that I only picked up a few of them but I'm sure Naruto heard what she said.

"Pardon?"

The blonde glanced at me but continued to ignore me and reached for a package of bandages. She examined my right arm for a bit and started to remove the old bandaging. When the previous bandaging was fully removed, her eyes widened and stared at my wounded arm. She examined it for a long time but said nothing.

I was a bit surprised myself for different reasons; why hasn't it healed it? The wound should be almost done by now or a scar should be in place. I shook this thought off for a second and looked at the lady.

"Hello? Didn't you say something? I didn't catch that last pa—"

I hissed in pain as she vigorously tightened the bandage she was putting on me. I retracted my arm back in pain and snarled at her, I knew my eyes started to flare red. The woman took a step back, eyes wide. Naruto suddenly got up from his sleeping position, on alert. His tails were swishing a bit faster, a growing rumble could be heard from his chest.

The ninjas in the background seemed to take a stance—a ready position.

"What the fu—Why did you do that!?!" I growled out, my pupils turning to slits, caressing my now bleeding arm.

The woman was shocked at first, but then her face slowly turned into a stern one.

"Oops? Put too much strength into that," brushing off what she did, Naruto shifted from his previous position and walked on the bed to stand beside me, sitting on his hind legs while his forelegs were straight. His slitted cerulean eyes followed the woman's action. His ears would twitch every now and then, his hearing focused on the ninja's movements.

"And I'm very sure, the bleeding has stopped already and the re-opened wound should've closed by now" She uttered harshly, heading to one of her instruments. Part of me was taken aback that she knew this but also enraged me one why she would hurt me. Naruto told me to listen to the humans and all they do is hurt, we should have just escaped when we had the chance.

"That still hurts!" I sassed, glancing at my arm, the bleeding did stop but I was still confused on why it hasn't fully healed yet, is there something wrong? Did this woman do something to me?

"And how do you know this... about my healing abilities?" Now taking in on what she said before, Naruto was noticing my slowly growing hostility and it seemed that the older ninja at the back seemed to also notice.

The woman turned around and hesitated for a moment but spoke.

"I... Know of your kind"