|Bombardment|

Maybe she just really enjoyed putting herself in the crossfire

Evie had awoken again that morning still in the clothes from the night before. She had only managed to get a few hours sleep that night. No matter what she had done she still couldn't get Clary's words out of her head. They circled viciously getting louder at each lap until she gave in. Sleep Evie doing the one thing that awake Evie had yet to do. Asleep Evie had never come back from walking away last night, she had never made it to that pizza joint, never spoken to or been brought home by Mama Lightwood. Rather she had finally vanished and nobody had missed her. She had changed again. However, this time she wore a black cotton crop top which had no sleeves and a pair of black cotton shorts. Over this, she wore a green checked flannel top. She wore a pair of fishnet socks and her black Nike Air Force Ones. Her makeup was done heavy and dark. With a dark green looking eyeshadow and a heavy winged liner, she paired this with a dark red lipstick and headed down to the training room.

All she had wanted to dow as practice throwing her knives as she tried to aim for and hit the middle of the target. But for the second time in the last 24 hours the alarms rang out. She knew by now that this particular alarm meant there was an intruder on the premises. She shot into action taking her batons off the side and picking up her throwing knife from where it was lodged in the board. She had very little time to prepare for whatever this thing was, was suddenly in the training room. This creature was going after three people in particular; Alec, Hodge and herself. She was sure it was here after Hodge and herself and poor Alec was caught in the crossfire having ties to them both. She went for it attacking as fiercely as possible. However this forsaken, she had heard Hodge yell out that it was, was strong and able to throw her around like she was a rag doll. She hit the wall with a slam when she was thrown. Evie was not going to back down. She was not letting this creature hurt anyone else. She was tough and she knew this. Getting back up her and Alec continued to fight the forsaken as it still overcame her in strength and ability. The two fought valiantly however, they were overpowered again and again both taking multiple hits which were going to leave them injured for weeks to come. The fight looked like it was not going to progress much faster until Hodge got the upper hand and killed the forsaken on the spot. Both Evie and Alec collapsed shortly after checking it was actually dead. For their injuries were worse than first anticipated.

Izzy raced in only a short time later, her mother and Billie following closely behind. None of the three knew where to look first, they knew that the two required moving to the infirmary where they could be properly healed. Through sheer man power they managed to move the two where work began immediately to heal the bodies of the two who had risked their lives to protect the others within the institute. Looking down upon Evie, the three woman knew this was not going to be the first time the young girl would sacrifice herself to ensure the safety of everyone else, even if she did not survive. It seemed as though she was determined to die a martyr. And with the way things were turning out, this seemed highly likely to occur. Eventually, both Maryse and Billie left the two after healing runes had been activated on the pair. Or activated on Alec and drawn on Evie. This left Izzy who had promised to alert everyone to when the two were both awake and able to leave the infirmary. For they would have to be checked by the doctor before they could leave.

 Izzy watched the pair with worry in her eyes, she was worried about her brother who was her rock in every situation and she could always depend upon. They had been like this since young, her being the only one he could open up to for years. She also felt a heightened amount of worry for the ginger hair girl lying on the bed opposite. Izzy knew that her coming barrelling into their lives had been for the better. Evie had made her brother more open and a slightly nicer person to generally be around. But the best thing was the person Evie was in general. These feelings Izzy harboured for Evie, were ones she had never felt about another girl before. She was convinced she was straight and was only into guys for years. Yet along came this ginger bombshell and she was head over heels. She had cried this morning when her mother had asked her if she too had concerns over Evie's safety. She had originally thought it was because Evie did not have as much training as she did or because she was the daughter of Valentine. Her heart had broken when her mother had asked her if she thought Evie was at risk of harm from herself. Her mother had not shared much more than that but Izzy had worked out that if something was not going to change soon that whatever time she had left with the girl was going to be promptly cut short. She felt as though she was already living on borrowed time with the girl and there was no way she was going to let the girl go without telling her how she felt. There was no way she was going to let this girl go easily. 

Izzy nearly fell of her chair when she heard Alec's phone ring the familiar sounding ringtone shocking her beyond belief. Answering it she was furious to hear it was Jace once again asking for help to solve Clary's problems. Her anger only raising as she heard Clary attempt to convince him to not come back and check on Alec, his best friend, or Evie, her sister, stating that whatever they were doing was more important than checking on two people they were both supposed to care about. She was even more furious when he agreed to continue whatever the pair were doing. Clary having already irritated her earlier when she spoke so poorly about Evie and the girl was not doing much to ease this irritation when it came to showing no concern for her sisters current state of health.

Original word count: 1092

2nd Edit June 2020 word count: 1119