Giving Birth and Leaving

December 15th 1839

Amilia Glass POV

I never truly understood when people talked about how painful child birth can be until today.As the nurse told me to keep pushing the events of the past nine months rushed through my mind and I remembered the night that this baby was made.

I loved her father greatly, we were supposed to be married after he returned from the battlefield. But I wanted to be with him fearing he might not come back. I received a letter confirming his death the same day I realised I was with child.

I ran away from home afraid about what father will do to my child even if I will give it away I won't let them hurt it. As my mind was racing with all what happened.

I realised the nurse was calling for me telling me that I have a beautiful baby girl. I saw her beautiful face and she reminded me of her father. I told the nurse to leave after she made sure the baby was healthy and fine.

I heard people coming and realised something. This was it I was leaving this life, this child and even my name. I packed up everything I could carry put my child in her cradle and ran.

I kept running in the woods until I saw this cabin, I peaked through the window and saw a happy couple both around the age of fifty. I said goodbye, knocking on the door and ran to the other side of the cabin to hear if she will be taken in. When I heard the women say she will and heard the door close I looked back and she was gone.

Afterwards I ran away to the nearest docks, made a deal to work for one of thee captains in exchange for him taken me to the new world.Where I will leave my past behind and start over with a new name.

As the boat sailed I looked back realising I just left behind England,my family, my child and even my name but it didn't matter because I was going to start fresh and have a better future