33.

33.

"You want me to give Nick a job?" My father asked, his eyes twinkling but the seriousness was on his face. His salt and pepper hair, which was once as dark as mine, was cut neatly on his head.

My father was heavily tattooed just like Nick. They were comforting, something that I liked on a man. Maybe it was because I had always looked up to my father and his tattooes, either way, I loved them.

"He's lost his at the police station. He wants to go to uni and do his art degree. I don't know what more to do." I sighed with defeat. I hated seeing Nick upset about his lack of employment. He worked so hard and I knew all he wanted to do was get money to make me happy.

I didn't need it but I think he thought I did.

"I'd love to give him a job here, he's artistic, creative and one hell of a good drawer." He stopped. "But that's not how Nick works. I doubt he'd want a job just because I asked, he works for the things he gets, he doesn't just take."

"I know but couldn't we at least give it a shot?" I asked, hopeful. "He doesn't exactly have a choice right now."

"Ask him and then we will talk about it." I gave my father a kiss on the cheek before looking up to my next client.

I got back to work.

Hours went by where I was able to lose the troubles in my mind of the last few weeks and just tattoo. I loved this job and I was the luckiest person alive to be doing what I had loved since I was little.

I was artistic just like Nick but we expressed it in different ways. That was the thing with art, we use it in anyway we can.

Nick liked to draw, paint, make abstracts and paintings whereas I was more in to the tattooing scene. Maybe Nick wouldn't like to work here, doing this, but I knew he'd be amazing at it for the time being.

This was the only chance he had whilst he was still on trial.

Every time I thought about Nick and his talent, I couldn't help but smile. I loved that he could draw and I loved that he was ambitious and determined enough to make a thing out of it.

I really hoped it worked out for him.

By the end of the day, I was worn out but feeling a little happier and lighter than I had in ages. My father could see the smile on my face and he smiled back at me.

I was glad I had him back, too. Seeing him so heartbroken broke me even more. I loved my father, idolised him even, and I couldn't bare to see him so torn and devastated.

I wished I felt the same about my mother. I wanted to get close to her again but every time I looked at her, I saw John, too. I didn't want to associate her with him, not one tiny bit but I did.

Hopefully that would change soon and I could also have my mother back.

John stole her from me too.

"I've been thinking." Glenn stated as we closed the doors of the parlour. I hadn't heard from Nick all day as I had been busy at work. Hopefully he was okay. He had probably been painting all day. That took up a lot of his time.

"About?"

"What you can do to help him." I looked at my father, puzzled. "I could give him the job here, that would be fine, but Nick would need training as he has never done tattooing before. He also needs certificates and training courses to be done before he's legally allowed to be a tattoo artist, just like you and I."

"Right." I nodded my head as we both got in to Glenn's vehicle.

"He wouldn't be on an amazing salary to start off with, that's for sure. I doubt he'd get enough for that university degree he wants."