8. Let's Make A Deal

Börja om från början

"Was Harry Potter your date for the last evening's ball?" Jane asked, with amusement evident in her voice.

Hermione was shocked at this. She couldn't speak for the couple of moments.

"What the hell are you talking about? Who told you all these non-sense?" Hermione blurted out, though she had a faint idea that it was Romilda who would have misinformed her mum.

"Hermione, language," Jane said sternly. Her eyes shifted to Romilda for a second but she quickly looked back at Hermione. But it didn't go unnoticed by Hermione. It confirmed her suspicions about her cousin's treachery.

"What other lies did Romilda told you, mum?" Hermione asked angrily while glaring at Romilda.

"What lies? Everyone saw you dancing in the arms of Harry Potter. I just thought Aunt Jane should know about it. She should know what you do behind her back." Romilda said airily.

"How dare you? Who the hell are you, to talk to me like this?" Hermione yelled at Romilda. She stood up pushing her chair back.

"You have no right to talk about what I do and don't do. So from now on just keep your big nose out of my business. Got it?" Hermione said pointing her finger rudely at Romilda's face.

"Hermione, this is not the way to talk. Apologize to your cousin now." Jane reprimanded Hermione.

"A great cousin she is." Hermione said sarcastically.

"Hermione, now," Jane said in a threatening voice.

"But...I...I didn't say her anything that she didn't deserve." Hermione stammered a bit under her mother's angry gaze.

"This isn't how your dad and I have brought you up. Did we?" Jane asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Hermione's shoulder slacked a bit. "You know you don't play fair." Hermione said to her mum with a pouted face. Jane smiled at her daughter.

"Sorry" Hermione mumbled to Romilda who had a triumphant look on her face. Hermione scowled at her when Jane wasn't looking at her.

Hermione suddenly remembered something. "And mum I am not dating Harry Potter." Hermione said in firm voice, to convince her mum.

Jane just laughed at this and was about to reply when the doorbell rang.

"Now who is it? Hermione dear go and see, who's on the door." Jane said as she started collecting the plates from the table.

"Okay" Hermione said and left to open the door. Romilda followed her to see who it was.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Hermione was lost in her own musings as she went to open the door.

'Honestly why did the hell I agreed to dance with that Potter. Now mum thinks I am dating that arrogant prat.' she thought.

Hermione opened the door and all her musings stopped. Her mind stopped working. She felt like she had stopped to breath. Because the reason of all her tensions and musings, Harry potter, was standing at the door.

"Oh" was all she managed to say.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Harry Potter couldn't sleep on the first morning (night) of the New Year. His thoughts were continuously plagued by a certain brunette.

What bothered him the most was that he didn't know why she was having such an effect on him. Whenever she was around, he always had an urge to do something, but he didn't know what that 'something' was.