Chapter 3: Hopeless Life

F A R A

They were just a few steps away from me but I didn't want to throw a glance at them. Hindi ko kaya. Hindi ko sila kayang tingnan na magkasama kahit na ginusto ko naman iyon.

"Fara, eat your food," Tyler told me when he noticed that I wasn't touching my food. "You have to take your medicine after."

I looked at him pleadingly and said, "I don't wanna take that medicine again."

His brows met. "I thought we're already done with this issue?"

I just lowered my gaze and stared at the pale hands on my lap.

"Fara, you have to eat now." He gently pushed my plate towards me.

I looked up and stared at him before speaking up in a low voice. "I wanna go home."

He stared at me for a moment before he put the strands of my hair behind my ear. "I'm not done here yet. Right now, you have to eat. After I am done with this, we will go home," he persisted.

I heaved a sigh. I really hated it when somebody pushed me to do something I'm not willing to do.

Wala akong nagawa kun'di sundin ang gusto niya. Napipilitang hinawakan ko ang kutsara at tinidor. I started to eat but I couldn't recognize the taste of the food. It felt like rubber in my throat and I wanted to throw up.

I released the utensils and stood up. My brother gazed up at me.

I swallowed. "Excuse me."

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Comfort room," tipid na tugon ko at saka mabilis na naglakad papunta sa comfort room habang nakalapat ang palad ko sa bibig ko.

I found no one when I walked into the comfort room. I went straight to a cubicle and vomited on the toilet bowl. I lost all my strength after I let out everything I ate, which was not even that much. I pressed the flush button before I knelt to the tiled floor.

"Miss?"

Napaigtad ako. Hindi ko pala nasara ang pintuan dahil sa pagmamadali ko kanina. Kahit na nanghihina ako, nilingon ko ang taong iyon. My lips parted a bit in surprise when I saw Demi. And she was surprised, too, when she recognized me.

"Oh my God, Fara! Are you okay?" She hurriedly came to my side with worry plastered on her face.

Nakaramdam ako ng hiya na makita niya ako rito't nakasalampak sa sahig kaya pinilit kong tumayo.

"I'm f-fine," I said and looked away. I felt insecure and jealous of her because she looked so fine and gorgeous... unlike me.

"Are you sure? You looked pale," she said.

I just nodded my head. "Do you mind if I excuse myself?" I said.

She stepped backward and made way for me. I walked past her and left the comfort room... only to see Storm standing at the side of the corridor for the comfort rooms.

My heart started to beat fast. I wanted to hide but he already turned his head in my direction. Although he acted calm and collected, I could see the surprise in his eyes, too. Obviously, hindi niya rin in-expect na makita ako.

Nag-iwas lang ako ng tingin at tuloy-tuloy na naglakad pero nagulat ako nang higitin niya ang kamay ko bago pa man ako makalampas sa kaniya. My heartbeat went faster than before. I felt like I would hyperventilate at any moment. I never thought I would feel the warmth of his hand again... But I didn't know how to deal with him after I left him a year ago.