13 | Innocence♤

Her three year old white sneakers stomped harshly against the cold, unending cement. She could hear her own breathing come loudly through her nose and shown clearly though the white breath of the cold outdoors. She truly didn't know where she was heading; the only thoughts she was capable of forming was: What did I just do?

She truly couldn't answer that question. The past month, full of panic, newly found friendship, and a wish for confidence was overbearing. Since when did her life become so complicated?

With the stars as witness, Nakoto took up her hand, reaching to the skies, and stuck out her middle finger. As life had done to her five years ago.

Her coal black strands whisked widely in the fury of the uneasy wind as she then continued to walk hastily in the opposite direction of her broken home. By now, her hands had stopped bleeding, but the sting still resided on her scraped palms.

Sniffling from her allergies, Nakoto wearily stopped her monotonous pace, and instead stared blankly ahead of her. In front of her eyes, about three houses down, stood Haruhi carrying a black ductile trash bag in both hands, struggling under the weight.

The sight of her friend brought Nakoto a sense of comfort and warmth, one she had not felt in what seemed like ages.

Starting to put her right foot in front of her left, Nakoto staggered in Haruhi's direction; faint from the extraordinary long day.

"Haruhi!" Nakoto called, yet the brown haired cross dresser continued on, her arms throwing the plastic bag into the garbage can in the pitch darkness.

She sighed loudly, causing a gust of breath to escape her lips and slowly thin until dissolved into the dark atmosphere. What was it with people never hearing her? "Haruhi!" She cried out once more, this time earning the attention of her oblivious friend.

"Nakoto?" Haruhi responded questionably. Her voice echoed out into the large neighborhood as her eyes searched swiftly between the buildings and houses, hoping to spot the black haired girl who disappeared in an emotional wind just earlier that day.

Eventually, her panning eyes caught sight of Nakoto's weak body nearly tipping over. "Oh my god, are you okay?!"

By the time Haruhi had run over to Nakoto; the poor girl was falling weakly to the ground. She could feel the tiredness take control of her body, a feeling of fog and finality enter from her day of never ending tears and conflict. As Haruhi tightly wrapped her arms around Nakoto's limp form, her pale ears picked up the sound of a brief grunt exiting the part between Nakoto's lips.

"Hey... do you mind if I stay over tonight?" Nakoto questioned weakly, her brown eyes peering behind ajar eyelids. "Oh my god, of course." Haruhi answered in complete assurance. "Thank you." Nakoto replied gratefully, her voice only just peaking behind the volume of an audible response.

Together, the two slowly raised from the rigid ground, gravity pulling at their weight. Carefully, the pair made their way to Haruhi's beige apartment, Haruhi muttering along the way,

"Don't worry you'll love my dad."