humorously Presents: A Midnight Princess Deleted Chapter: The Crowns Doubt

a lot of people have been drawn to my profile over the years because of my fantasy continuation of cinderella that i've so lovingly titled midnights princess. people who have been on my profile since the book first made its debut know that it is currently being heavily revised.

the prologue follows jonathon, as he tries to convince his father to let him search for the girl who dropped her glass slipper as the clock struck midnight. over the updates jonathon has only had a few chapters that focus solely on him and his journey to "happily ever after".

but the people want more.

i had originally planned for jonathon to have a great many chapters dedicated to him throughout the book but later decided it was best to leave the book following ella. i am debating making a part dedicated to his point of view (perhaps the second, as this book is three parts of around twenty chapters and the first part is already ella based) but until then, all of his chapters are being cut from the book.

people who read the book before the majority of it was taken down for editing know that jonathon and ella have not had the greatest relationship. they have had their ups and downs, mostly due to the fact that ella is not accepted by jonathon's father or anyone else with a high status.

they also know that in the book jonathon suggested they take a few days to spend apart and sort out their differences. in a deleted chapter following jonathon during that day, jonathon went to his cousin to voice his doubts.

this is that deleted chapter.

so without any more boring chatter from the author i present the unedited, unrevised, deleted chapter: the crowns doubt.

Jonathon knocked swiftly on the golden door. He swayed impatiently from side to side outside the room waiting for a response. It was late in the evening and the majority of the staff had already retired for the night.

Hudson would be awake at this time of night. Ophelia hated the daylight, or so he claimed. They were no doubt canoodling in their bedsheets, ecstatic to have one night free of royal duties in their own castle.

"Someone's outside the door." Ophelia whispered. Jonathon could practically see her getting off on the idea that she was withholding her husband from his blood given career, she would bury her nails into his shoulder and run her lips up his neck leaving countless goosebumps in her wake.

"Hush, sweetness. They'll go away." Jonathon rolled his eyes and rapped his fist harder on the door. Ophelia giggled loudly, clearly already drunk as a sailor, and it wasn't even ten o'clock.

"I'm not going to go away Hudson." Jonathon spoke clearly. "I need to talk to you. It's urgent." He added.

There was shuffling behind the door as Hudson slowly got out of bed and gave Ophelia quick kisses as a sad goodbye. They had been married for five wholesome years. Betrothed but consumed by lust, they now claimed they always loved one another and it was by the grace of God they were promised to each other.

The door slowly opened, the worn hinges protested and Hudson smirked at his cousin, a silk navy blue robe loosely tied around his waist, a martini glass in his hand. He took a long sip from his glass and breathed out a moan of pleasure from the fiery sensation of the liquor free falling down his throat.

"Hello." He groaned at Jonathon. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Sarcasm dripped from his voice like venom. He wasn't drunk, tipsy perhaps but not yet completely consumed by the alcohol.