Chapter 7: Argument

After that threatening conversation ended, the room became quiet. They were still working, just rarely talk. I sat on one of the chairs and tried to busy myself by messing with one of the few unoccupied computers.

A few minutes later, they started talking about the Tesseract again, but I zoomed them out and played a game. Abruptly, Natasha's voice popped up through the comms. "Frostbite, Loki means to unleash the hulk. Keep banner in the lab. I'm on my way."

"Roger that." I replied quietly, not wanting Bruce to hear it.

I returned to play this awesome game, Galaga. It was so entertaining.

So that's why that guy tried to play it while on broad. Can't blame him though. This is amazing. I thought and cheered silently when I beat the level.

"Sir, it is done." Jarvis's slightly robotic voice echoed throughout in the room. Which caused me to stop playing and turned my gaze to Tony.

"Good. Send it to me." He told the computer and he obeyed. He opened the secret files of S.H.I.E.L.D. Not caring about me knowing this because he knew I don't give a rat ass, but this time, it was an exception.

"Tony, I consider you as a somewhat friend to me and as a caring friend who doesn't want to get involved with this, stop what you're doing."

"It's too late. I've gone to deep. Save yourself." He said mockingly and rolled his eyes.

"Tony, I'm serious. Stop before Fury--"

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Speaking of the devil, he's here.

"Uhhhhh, kinda been thinking the same thing about you." He turned to look at the director, who had a glare plastered on his face.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce informed.

"Then you'll get your cube back. No muss, no fuss. What is 'Phase 2'?" He asked, looking at the hologram screen.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. Uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was a little slow for me." Steve interrupted. In his hand, was some sort of weapon, which he slammed on the table.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. That does not mean that we..." He was cut off by Tony, who revealed the plan to the rest of us. "I'm sorry, nick. What were you lying?"

"You're kidding, right, nick?" I stared at him in disbelief.

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed one bit." He said in disappointment.

Natasha finally arrived, with Thor taking behind her. She was immediately questioned by Bruce.

"Did you know about this?"

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha countered.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." He retorted.