Book 2: -Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

"Do you-do you have a napkin or something?" He asked as I gave him a smile.

"I do." I said as I looked down for the basket forgetting that it was by my side for a second. "I can grab them." I added right as Ben pulled my book out of the basket.

"What's this?" He asked confused. I don't blame him, he doesn't know about my magic.

"I totally threw that in there super last minute in case we ran into fairy Godmother." I lied as he opened it and started reading through all the bookmarked spells.

"Speed-reading spell, Black hair spell, cooking spell." Ben said as he looked up at me and closed the book. "I was giving you props for fitting in so well. How do you even use these, have you had magic this whole time?" While he was starting to lecture me I quickly started trying to do a mind erasing spell. "Are you trying to spell me right now?"

"It's been so hard for me!" I shouted as I looked up at him where he was standing up.

"Yeah, it's been so hard. Do you think learning to be king has been so easy for me?" He snapped angrily.

"No." I quickly said hoping to avoid this argument.

"I thought we were doing this together?" He yelled a little quieter.

I stood up as tears started to swell up, "We are in this together." I assured him.

"But we're not, Grace. we're not. You've been keeping secrets and lying to me." He told me as he gave me a look that made my heartache in my chest. "I thought we were done with that. This isn't the isle of the lost."

"Believe me, I know that." I snapped at him as a tear dropped down my cheek but I wiped it before it could be to obviously.

"Then why are you doing this and how did you even get magic?" He snapped.

"Because, I am not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben. I'm not one of those lady's from the court. I'm a big fake, okay? I'm fake. This is fake." I grabbed the spell book and read a spell and done a hand movement to clean the table off and the only thing left was milk and a sandwich."There this is who I really am and for the magic, I didn't ask for it. I open a stupid package from the isle and it just happened." I then walked past him because I needed to get out of here.

"Grace." He said softly and tried to grab my arm.

"No," I told him as I walked away.

"Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite." I heard him yell after me but I just kept on walking. I needed to get out of here.

***************************************8

"I don't belong here." I cried as I looked at myself in the mirror. I had put on one of my Isle of the Lost outfits. It consisted of a black crop top, black high waisted leather pants, a red leather jacket, and red knee high boots. I know that my outfits from the isle were usally awful but Evie had actually helped me style and pack this one. She was my fashionable sister figure anyway.

"Lets blow this popsicle stand." I mumbled to myself as I grabbed my spell book and scooter helmet.

I stopped driving the scooter as I got to the edge of the ocean where the magic barrier stands. "Nobles deed, proud and fair. You shall take me anywhere." I mumbled as I sniffled. "Please work." I added as I started driving.

Before I knew it, I had appeared back through the barrier.

***********************************************************************************************

A/N:

I hope you enjoyed!

Grace's Isle Outfit: