uh, yeah, i sure hope it does!

short chapter today, sorry about that!!

--

bambam woke up, very groggy and scared. he did not want to go to school today, but he promised his mom that he would. reluctantly, he got out of his bed, trudging slowly to the bathroom. he turned the shower water on with a yawn, looking at himself in the mirror. 

he had bags under his eyes, his newly dyed red hair was a mess, and there was faint tear stains on his cheeks. overall, he thought he looked horrible. he ran a hand through his hair and walked over to the shower, sticking his hand inside to see if the water was fine. 

once he deemed the shower water hot enough, he stripped out of his pajamas and went inside, planning on taking his precious time. he slowly grabbed the shampoo, squeezing it into his hand with a pout. the smell of vanilla did make him feel better though, it was always such a nice, soothing scent to him. 

"bambam, sweetheart, are you hurrying in there? we don't wanna be late, okay?" his mom called in, making him sigh. 

"yes mom!" he called back, rubbing the shampoo into his hair quickly. 

now that his mother had said something, he'd have to be quick. bambam didn't like to disappoint people, so he'd always obey, no matter what happened to him. 

as he continued showering, he got lost in his thoughts, only being pulled out of his trance when his mother knocked on the door and reminded him to hurry. he shook his head and got out of the shower, drying himself off and walking to his room. 

he threw the towel to his bed after closing the door, and walked over to his closet. he didn't feel like dressing bright and happy today, thus, he picked out a dark blue hoodie, black pants, and black shoes. 

on a normal day, bambam would deem that outfit as 'edgy' and 'depressing' but that's exactly how he felt. not necessarily depressed, but close to it. though he'd never admit that, he hates being sad. 

he walked back to the bathroom quietly, grabbing his brush and fixing his hair. nothing special today, because it wasn't a special day. he did like when his hair was poofy in front of his forehead though, so he left it like that. makeup wasn't needed today either, he just wasn't feeling it. 

"bambam, ready to go, dear?" his mom asked, standing in front of the doorway. 

"mhmm." bambam nodded, grabbing his phone. he walked back into his room and got his backpack, trudging down the stairs behind his mom. they got in the car, and his mother noticed he wasn't his usual self, but dismissed it. 

--

"bye mom." bambam waved, getting out of the car when they arrived at the school. 

"hey, you call me if you need me to pick you up, okay?" she smiled, and the boy simply nodded. he slowly walked into the school, stuffing his hands into his hoodie pocket. 

he smiled softly when he saw his group of friends, but they weren't laughing or smiling. he furrowed his eyebrows. they should be loud, and having fun, but they were talking quietly, keeping to themselves. 

"geez, what's with you guys?" bambam asked, standing behind yugyeom. everyone turned to him, and they gasped in harmony, making bambam bite back a smile. 

"BAMBAM!" they shouted, making the boy smile widely. 

"i was only gone for a day, and you guys are acting like it's the great depression!" bambam giggled, and blushed when yugyeom turned around and hugged him tightly. 

"where have you been? are you okay?" yugyeom mumbled into his tummy, the younger looking down at him shyly. 

"i'm okay, it's okay." bambam said, and the older pulled away with a cute grin that made bambam's heart beat quicker. 

"are you sure? you're wearing dark clothes, and no makeup." 

"you noticed?" 

"i'm your best friend, i notice everything." yugyeom deadpanned, making bambam laugh a bit. 

"i'm fine, don't worry. gayass." he smiled, sitting next to him. he was in between yugyeom and minghao, and liked that. 

"also, i posted some vines on our account." yugyeom informed him, the younger nodding his head. 

"i think you should tell them." minghao leaned over and whispered, bambam nodding his head. 

"i will tomorrow." he smiled, giving minghao a short hug. 

"okay, but soon." 

"promise!" bambam grinned, punching his shoulder softly. 

he felt happy again, knowing that his friends had been so worried for him. after tons of questions, they slipped back into their normal activity, teasing each other and joking around. bambam found out that they had been a mess without them, and felt bad, but also good, because he was actually needed.