Chapter 7

Andi and Lana ran through the woods until they reached Lana's cabin. Andi shook her head. "No, we can't go back here. He'll find us!" She panicked. "I know dear, I'm just running in to get some things. We can go to a nearby hotel." Lana said rushing inside.

As Andi waited for Lana to collect some things she instantly regretted not getting anything from her own cabin. She wondered what was going to happen to them and how long they could keep this up. Luckily she was 21, so if Ricky called the police and they went searching for her, she could tell them she was alright without getting taken back.

A half hour later Lana came out carrying a suitcase and car keys. "I'll help you!" Andi said rushing to her and grabbing her suitcase. "Thanks honey." Lana smiled giving her a light peck on the cheek. Even this drove Andi crazy, but she couldn't think about that now. They needed to go.

Lana drove a red Porsche 356. Andi put the suitcase in the trunk climbing into the passenger's seat. Then they were off. As they drove out of the ski resort a million worrisome thoughts were racing in Andi's mind. They were silenced when her eyes fell on Lana who looked strangely peaceful at the moment. A soft smile played at the corners of her lips. Even at a time like this. She was beautiful.

Andi didn't know how long she had been staring until Lana looked over at her. Noticing this Lana giggled lightly. "Whatcha lookin' at stranger?" Lana asked teasingly. Andi's faces turned a deep red and she turned away. "Nothing." Andi replied nervously. Lana giggled again, placing her hand on Andi's thigh. Andi felt butterflies in her stomach.

*************
They ended up staying at The Hillside Hotel. When they were settled in Andi collapsed on the bed staring up at the ceiling. This had been a crazy vacation. How was she going to fix all of this. They couldn't hide out like this forever.

Why did she have to wander out? She wouldn't have met the woman if she had have stayed in the cabin. Everything would have been fine. Well not really fine, because she was already losing her feelings for Ricky. "Maybe I would have grown to love him again. Things would have been so much easier." She thought.

Andi suddenly had an idea. She would call them, hoping that Connie picked up and tell them she was alright and would be going back to University with Lana when the vacation was over. Sure if Ricky found out, he would get mad, but he didn't know where they were at the moment.

She picked up the phone dialing the number to the resort. When she was finally connected to their cabin, it was Connie that picked up. "Hello?" She asked confusingly into the phone. "Connie, it's me Andi." Andi said nervously.

"Andi? What have you done? Where are you?" Connie asked worriedly. "It's okay. I'm fine. I'm just at a hotel with Elizabeth. We don't want Ricky to bother us so we left." Andi said. The line was silent for a few moments. "I'm proud of you Andi." Connie finally said.

This shocked Andi. "What? Why?" Andi asked. "Because you're finally being true to yourself. And it's with Lana Del Rey! What a doll!" Connie cheered. "Where is Ricky?" Andi asked. As if on cue, Ricky's voice suddenly came on the other line.

"Where the hell are you?" Ricky shouted into the phone. Andi's happiness was suddenly replaced with fear. "I'm at a hotel. Listen Ricky, we need to talk. I can't do this anymore. I don't want to be wi—" "You're sick! Don't you know? You're just confused. Girls don't like other girls. They like boys." Ricky said cried.

"Ricky...please." Andi pleaded. "I loved you, you know." Ricky said instantly making Andi feel bad. "I-I know. But I had lost feelings for you before I met her Ricky. Falling in love with her was just the—" "GIRLS CANT LOVE GIRLS!" Ricky shouted.

A tear ran down Andi's face. She wanted to reason with him. But he wasn't listening. "B-But I love her." Andi confessed. She had to collect herself. She wasn't going to let him scare her. "Ricky, I can't do this." Andi said. "Listen to me, you aren't making sense. She's a girl, you're a girl. You're both girls. How could you possibly be attracted to another girl?" He asked.