Part Two

*comes flying through the window with an update*
Hey, so I know it's been forever! But bare with me, and enjoy this next part! Or don't, I guess. Whatever.

Anakin was awoken from his peaceful sleep by a feeling in the Force. A familiar feeling. Yet somehow... it was different.

      "Padme." He whispered, shaking his wife gently. "Padme, wake up." She groaned softly, and rolled over to face her husband.

      "What is it Ani?" Padme asked sleepily.

      "There's someone in the house." All traces of sleep left her expression as Anakin's words registered. "Go to the twins room. Be ready to get out, just in case" Padme nodded, climbing out of the bed quickly. Anakin grabbed his lightsaber, preparing himself for a fight if necessary. He walked softly down the darkened halls of his home, weapon in hand. The Jedi stopped suddenly, noticing the silhouette of a small figure on his couch, sitting cross-legged. Anakin paused, holding his saber ready, though not yet ignited. He took a small step forward, wincing as the floor let out a slight creak. The figure then sighed, realizing they had been caught. They rose from their seat.
"Who are you?" Anakin demanded. "Are you a Sith?" He voiced his worse fear. If the Sith had found him, his family was in great danger. He tensed as the figure let out a chuckle.

      "Don't you recognize me Skyguy?"

      "Ahsoka?" Using the Force, he turned the lights on, allowing himself to see the Togruta female standing before him.

     "The one and only." She paused, noticing his shocked expression. "I know, I know, you want an explanation. And I promise I'll give you one-" She was cut off by her old Master as he quickly closed the distance between them. "Anakin? Are you-" The man wrapped his arms around the Togruta, pulling her into a tight hug.

      "I missed you Snips. I thought you were gone, I-I couldn't feel your presence."

      "I had to cut myself off. I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you, but I was afraid it would put you at risk. I just thought that, at the time, it was the safest option. So I used your training. I survived." Their hug ended. "And now, I'm back." Anakin grinned at his old Padawan.

      "Ani?" Padme walked into their living room cautiously, blaster in hand. She gasped when she noticed Ahsoka standing next to her husband.

      "Hey Padme." Ahsoka grinned at the Senator, reaching out to hug her. The two women embraced each other, overjoyed to be reunited.

      "Wait." Anakin started, amazed at Ahsoka's nonchalant expression. "You're not going to question why she's here?" She laughed, shaking her head.

      "You two weren't exactly discreet with the looks you kept giving each other."

      "I thought we were discreet." Anakin grumbled.

      "Mom? Dad?" Ahsoka's eyes widened when the twins came into view. She glanced back and forth between Anakin and Padme.

      "They- you two-" she started. "I was not expecting that." As she walked over to the twins, Anakin heard her mumble something close to, "Thanks for letting me know Obi-Wan." Ahsoka kneeled in front of the Luke and Leia. They stared at her with wide eyes.

      "Hello. I'm Ahsoka." She gently. The twins looked at her with awe.

       "You're Ahsoka?" Leia whispered.

      "Dad told us a bunch of stories about you." Luke told the Togruta. "He said you were the best Padawan ever, except for himself."

      "Why am I not surprised?" Ahsoka said, turning back to Anakin. He grinned. She paused, the joyful expression leaving her face for a moment."I guess I owe you an explanation still." Anakin's mood became more sober.

      "Padme, can you take the twins back to bed, please?" The woman nodded, understanding. She hustled the complaining kids -though it was mostly Leia who wanted to stay- through the halls back to their room. As soon as she came back, the couple settled down on the couch across from Ahsoka, ready to listen.

      "Alright." She began. "The Rebellion sent me. I've been with them for a year now, passing information along. They want me to help you in whatever you need me. Ever since intelligence caught word of the new Sith Lord, everyone has been working over time out of panic.. That's why I had to sneak in. Senator Organa didn't want to risk me being seen." Anakin stood up, and began to pace around the room.

      "So you'll help with whatever is needed?" Ahsoka nodded at her old master.

      "That was my assignment." He glanced at Padme.

      "I have an idea." He said after a moment. "When I'm not here, I want you to be watching over them." He looked at his old Padawan. "Of course, you're not going to become some glorified babysitter. I just want you to keep them safe while I'm not here. And to train them." Ahsoka gave him a look of confusion. "The twins started their Jedi training a few months ago. If I'm going to not be here, I want you to take over their training." Ahsoka stared at him in confusion.

      "Master, I'm not qualified to do that! I didn't even finish my own training, I shouldn't be-" Anakin held up his hand, stopping her.

      "Ok, Snips, listen. Just because you didn't graduate doesn't mean you're not qualified. You are one of the best fighters I have ever seen, and you're strong with the Force. That alone makes you qualified in my eyes. But I trust you. That's why I want you to do it. My children could never be in more capable hands." Ahsoka smiled at her old master after a moment.

      "Thanks, Skyguy." Padme let out a snort.

      "Skyguy?" Anakin gave his wife an irritated look.

      "Yeah. You should have seen his face when I first called him that!" Ahsoka began to laugh. She looked at Anakin, who was trying to hold onto his angry expression. But his wife's burst of laughter caused him to begin laughing too. After a moment they fell back into silence.

      "Luke, did you hear that? Ahsoka's gonna train us!" Leia's excited whisper drew their attention to the hallway.

      "Leia?" Luke said. His sister turned towards him. He pointed in the direction of the adults. "I think they heard you." Anakin sighed.

      "You two need to get back to bed." They voiced their disappointment.

      "I want to hear more stories!" Leia told her father, while Luke nodded in agreement. Ahsoka chuckled.

      "I'll take them back, Anakin." She nodded at the twins. "Maybe I'll even tell them stories about the Jedi." Their faces lit up in excitement. "Who wants to hear about the time the great Anakin Skywalker got stuck to the ceiling because of his robotic hand?" The kids giggles echoed in the room. Padme watched as Ahsoka began to leave the room. Her eyes widened suddenly, and she elbowed her husband. Hard.

      "Ow!" Anakin yelped. He opened his mouth to question his wife, but stopped when he noticed her gesturing towards Ahsoka. "What?" He whispered, not knowing what she meant. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. Padme pointed towards Ahsoka furiously. Anakin followed his wife's finger, his gaze falling on Ahsoka's left hand. Or more specifically, the simple ring on her finger. He shot Padme a look, realizing what it meant. Anakin cleared his throat.

      "Hey, Snips?" She turned towards him.

      "Yeah?"

      "Nice ring." Ahsoka began to blush, whipping her hand around her back. Padme rolled her eyes at her husband.

      "Who is it?" She asked. Ahsoka hesitated, twisting the ring.

      "Lux Bonteri." (A/N did I spell that right?) Anakin burst out laughing.

      "I knew it!" Ahsoka's face turned even more red. But after a moment, she began to laugh along with him. It was good to be with them again.

Yay, Snips is back! So, I know the story is kinda dragging along at the moment, but I'm working on it. I'll try to update more often from now on, but I can't really make any guarantees.