Chapter 3- Love in the Darkest Places

Pitch

Pitch had always hated the Guardians. It wasn't just a simple idea of being evil or not, it was just the way things were. And the way they would be forever.

In all honesty, he didn't think of himself as evil. He saw the world as a set of scales. And he was simply the overbearing dictator.

In most stories, there is alway a hero and a villain. One might have thought Pitch would be that villain. But he was the balance. The true villain was someone who could never be stopped. A force that never ended.

The stories children hear at night, they aren't the truth. They're fractured fairytales. Told from a view that would gain sympathy and sadness, and anger and hatred for the villain.

He really wasn't that cruel, he was a balance. And sometimes, sometimes he felt pity on the souls he tortured. And sometimes even the Guardians. He hated the Guardians for their views on good and evil. The idea that good may always conquer and exist without consequences. They were blind.

Pitch was simply a dictator, a balance in between, and on some levels- death.

He destroyed hopes and shattered dreams, he tore apart families and murdered millions.

He was an unrelenting dictator. A sword of justice. He toppled thrones when their egos grew to high.

He was unfeeling. He wore a mask.

He never felt love, or kindness, or any other human emotion.

But as they say, love and hate were two sides of the same coin. To feel one and not the other would be impossible.

And he felt for the Guardians.

He was supposed to be unfeeling and cold and dark.

And yet, he felt a type of compassion for the persistent Guardians.

One might even call it love.

***

Last Edited 2016