Task 6: Entries

JesterheadJohnSnow

"Do you have any orders for me to convey to our troops?"

Kortana glanced up from where she was sitting beside their new transport vehicle to see General Breighton, her new second in command,standing over her. They were situated in front of a familiar larger than possible warehouse in some world only Doba, the owner of their spacecraft, knew the name of. Dark clouds blanketed the sky above them, giving the vicinity an ominous appearance. The mentor judged that it was only a matter of time before it rained.

Kortana decided to give the general an answer. "As of right now, please keep an eye on the tributes to make sure they don't do anything out of line. You will then await further instructions."

"Your wish is my command." General Breighton left to do his duty.

How much longer must we wait until we receive our next assignment?

Like the general and everyone else, Kortana was weary of waiting. She knew that the tributes needed time to recuperate and squeeze in some rest and relaxation that would be the luxury they wouldn't experience for a while. The mentor understood that like her, the tributes were weary though they were weary of battle rather than of waiting. After all, they've seen more battles and deaths in a short span of time than most people have seen in a lifetime.

"How many more obstacles do we have to go until they release us from these ridiculous games?" Zack asked with an exasperated sigh.

"That is assuming that they plan on letting us get out alive," Gunnar replied. "At this rate, Valhalla seems more of a reality than escape."

"Guys!" Kortana snapped. "I know we are at the point where we have reached our limits and want nothing more than to go home to our families, but there is no other way to find the light at the end of the tunnel other than moving forward."

" Seriously, what is wrong with you lot?" Heinrich chuckled. "The best thing one can ask for is to die in battle."

"Who asked for your opinion?" Alyssa countered."Wait! No one can take someone in a tacky outfit seriously. What is this? All Hallows' Eve?"

" I don't remember asking for an argument." Kortana sighed and crossed her arms. "I swear you all will be the death of me!"

The profiler felt a tap on her arm. She turned to face Doba. "Yes? You care to make a rebuttal?"

"No,I just want to inform you that there are several figures fast approaching this way."

Kortana's eyes fixed onto the distance to see various shapes speeding their way. It wasn't long until the shapes, who were perched on vehicles, materialized into form. Kortana's eyes grew wide once she recognized them as speeder bikes.

Could it be that we have more tributes I wasn't notified about?

What do we have here?" One of the occupants of the speeder leapt off his bike and approached the throng. "It appears we have found who we are looking for."

----

"Master Kenobi! What are you doing here?"

Upon hearing Sanjira's remark, Tiger glanced up to see familiar and not so familiar figures approach them. He recognized Obi-Wan Kenobi ,who was joined by Anakin Skywalker and Yoda. Accompanying the Jedi were various figures dressed in colorful clothing the clone didn't recognize. It was safe to assume that they were allies of the Republic since they were not being treated like prisoners.

Obi-Wan smiled. "Sanjira! It is wonderful to see you again! It is thanks to you that we have the intel we needed."

That was when Tiger recognized two more individuals who were situated in the background rather than the foreground.